Gas -it refillable bottles

The laird

Rally Organiser

Next week I’m booked into auto gas for a new set of hoses and changeover valve
Was thinking on getting alugaz bottles when there ,so,I may be selling a 11&6 kg size gas-it bottles with hoses and they are gassed up
Looking to see it anyone would be interested in buying
Not decided on a price
Await any response
Thanks in advance

I’d use what you have Gordon you not going to save a lot .
Alugas 11kg @ 7.2kg v Gasit 11kg @ 16kg seems like a decent saving to me, especially when you consider that two Alugas 11kg bottles weigh in at less than one Gasit 11kg :)

Regards,
Del

Alugas 11kg @ 7.2kg v Gasit 11kg @ 16kg seems like a decent saving to me, especially when you consider that two Alugas 11kg bottles weigh in at less than one Gasit 11kg :)

Regards,
Del
But Gordon has an 11kg and a 6kg so would be spending a lot of money just to gain the weight of the 6kg bottle

Sell them all and get a tank fitted, as Rae says LPG stations are few and far between in Scotland do fit a tank and make it last

But Gordon has an 11kg and a 6kg so would be spending a lot of money just to gain the weight of the 6kg bottle
Alugas 11kg @ 7.2kg x 2 = 14.4kg v Gasit 11kg @ 16kg + Gasit 6kg @ 12kg = 28kg still seems like a decent saving to me, especially when you consider that you'd be getting 22kg of gas versus 18kg of gas, but it's all down to how much payload you have and how much other stuff you want to take, personally I like to save as much weight as possible on the things that have to be taken which why I bought Alugas.

Regards,
Del

Last edited:
If the old Gasit bottles are getting towards 10 years old it may be worth replacing them with Alugas to save some weight at a lower premium.
If still plenty of life I'd stick with them.
FWIW I don't really see the point in having 2 refillable bottles as the main bottle can be regularly topped up.
I use a Calorlite 6kg as a back up just in case I do run out but don't really expect to use it.
I know the gas inside it is pricey but you can buy quite a lot for the cost of even a small refillable.

If the old Gasit bottles are getting towards 10 years old it may be worth replacing them with Alugas to save some weight at a lower premium.
If still plenty of life I'd stick with them.
FWIW I don't really see the point in having 2 refillable bottles as the main bottle can be regularly topped up.
I use a Calorlite 6kg as a back up just in case I do run out but don't really expect to use it.
I know the gas inside it is pricey but you can buy quite a lot for the cost of even a small refillable.
That is what I was doing until I dropped on a 6kg refillable at a price too good to miss. I know run a Gaslow 11kg and a Gasit 6kg with manual changeover valve.

I couldn’t justify cost of changing like you are considering Gordon, it does all depend what you can get for yours though. Was I you, unless I was critical for payload I wouldn’t consider it. Your choice though :)

Hi. I'd be interested in the refillable bottle only one tho probably the smaller one. Can it be refilled at petrol station?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back