Gas-it

debs

I was looking at ordering a T piece for my set up, as I am currently re building my gas cupboard. The piece I want is there on the website, but the way they tot up the bill, they are adding the price of the component to the shipping price and then adding VAT, so in effect they are putting 20% onto the shipping cost. Is this correct. Anyone know?

Have a look for it on Ebay, they sell the same items cheaper on there so i found to my cost a few years back :mad:

I’ll try to find where I bought mine from. Recommendation by Charlie

There’s one on Hamilton Gas Products £9.24 inc vat. Might be worth a try.

Last edited:
they are putting 20% onto the shipping cost. Is this correct. Anyone know?
google said this. Postage stamps are exempt from VAT. The exemption only relates to services supplied by the Post Office for the conveyance of postal packages. Charges for postage and packing made by suppliers are subject to VAT

Gas it use a very efficient overnight parcel carrier, who will inevitably charge VAT.
I ordered some parts at 4pm, and they were on the doorstep at 7.30am!

But surely that’s your good looks and charm that done that roger?HAPPY NEW YEAR TO CHRIS AND YOURSELF FROM FIONA AND MOI

Nice 1 (y)

That`s what happened to me but only after i`d bought it from Gas It :mad: same item from them, cheaper and with free P&P o_O

A few pence here or there and i wouldn`t have bothered but it was several pounds i`d have saved :eek:

When i contacted them they said it was a short term promotion on Ebay, it was still there cheaper months later :mad:

I haven`t bought anything from them since (n)

Yup! They do seem to have a strange pricing policy.

The following is part of the email i received from " Nick " in response to my complaint ....................

The 2 part kit on Ebay was reduced in priced for a specific company campaign with grey importers, this will change back to the normal price when this campaign is completed shortly.

It was still for sale several months later at the reduced price.

I was looking at ordering a T piece for my set up, as I am currently re building my gas cupboard. The piece I want is there on the website, but the way they tot up the bill, they are adding the price of the component to the shipping price and then adding VAT, so in effect they are putting 20% onto the shipping cost. Is this correct. Anyone know?
Yes. Postage is zero-rated for VAT, unless it is part of a VATable supply (which it is in this case), in which case VAT has to be applied to the postage as well as the product.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back