Gas tank

Exwindsurfer

I am having to fit a new underslung gas tank as my old one is coming up 10 years old, and is very badly rusted. So i have bought a new one from Autogas 2000 but have to mount it diffrently so a new bracket had to be made up.The problem ive got is the old one is bolted through the floor and then 2in of insulation over plus then the ply floor so i can't get to them now - i will have to try and cut the brackets off from underneath. Bit of a pain but doable. This is the new tank and bracket

20220815_145030.jpg

Jeff, you can peel an orange in your pocket. Access will be a dawdle with your skills.

4" grinder with a skinny disc should get the old one off. You planning extra coat of something on new tank before fitting?

Carnt get a 4in grinder in Terry i am hope to get a reciprocating saw in ive ordered some 230mm blades and yes the bottle is going to get sprayed with tetrosyl stone chip + a alloy scoop in front of it mate.

Carnt get a 4in grinder in Terry i am hope to get a reciprocating saw in ive ordered some 230mm blades and yes the bottle is going to get sprayed with tetrosyl stone chip + a alloy scoop in front of it mate.
What about a plasma cutter if you know someone who has ones, lots of precautions required as this is classed as hot work. Extra coat and a deflection scoop is a good idea.

We had the hot air balloon burner running at Charlie’s a couple of weeks ago burning off gas from tanks that have been changed Geoff. Doesn’t take long to burn through a 40 litre tank lol

I am only poor Annie so i have fit mine myself lololol.
The poor among us(i.e. me), are those who can identify the problem, but lack the knowedge and expertise to do the remedial work themselves ...

But we do have expertise in negotiating higher credit card and overdraft limits; and don't run the risk of having overdraft facilities removed for lack of use, so there's today's silver lining ... 😄

Steve

I am having to fit a new underslung gas tank as my old one is coming up 10 years old, and is very badly rusted. So i have bought a new one from Autogas 2000 but have to mount it diffrently so a new bracket had to be made up.The problem ive got is the old one is bolted through the floor and then 2in of insulation over plus then the ply floor so i can't get to them now - i will have to try and cut the brackets off from underneath. Bit of a pain but doable. This is the new tank and bracket

View attachment 64157
I meant to ask Jeff. That’s a bad boy tank, how many litres does it hold?

The poor among us(i.e. me), are those who can identify the problem, but lack the knowedge and expertise to do the remedial work themselves ...

But we do have expertise in negotiating higher credit card and overdraft limits; and don't run the risk of having overdraft facilities removed for lack of use, so there's today's silver lining ... 😄

Steve
I think i like my way as its much cheaper than yours Steve lololol.

Hot air balloon burning in use emptying old tanks so they can be disposed of. Not the ice on gas line to it, was a hot day as well but it flows that much it ices over

CF853DE9-798A-4E04-860B-FCDA420DA079.jpeg

Now Jeff please tell me you are gonna make a nice fire pit out of the old one😁 I know it would be big but it will fit in my garage for meets👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back