Gasit

Campervanannie

Gasit

I have gasit fitted to my MH which is brilliant though I do struggle to fill it I cannot open it to start with due to RA I then struggle with some of the fillers some are easy to use some again due to my RA fiddly and difficult to use then there is the big conflicting question when you pull up on the garage do you open your locker cupboard to turn off your bottles before filling some say you must or it damages something others say it’s fine to leave them open when filling so the ? Is
what is the general consensus shut off the bottles before filling or not.

2cv;n16132 said:
I always have the bottles turned off when driving, problem solved.

+ one.

Colin ???

Yes. Close the bottle valve or valves if 2 fitted. Its for safety when re-filling. And it is recommended that you wear heavy duty gloves while you are re-filling as the fuel can cause burns if it touches your skin. Also, I take it you will be visiting an authorised autogas re-fill site or fuel station to do this so, if you're not happy to do it yourself or your hands can't cope with it, there are very often knowledgeable staff who will do it for you or at least help. BTW your gas bottles should really be closed while you're motoring as well-again, from a safety aspect.

Mmm nobody told me about shutting the gas off when driving Aaaaaagh bring back Snoopy my old van was just so much simpler to use.?

The advice from Gasit is that the bottle(s) should be closed off when filling and generally closed when not in use. I must admit we don't always have ours turned off when travelling, but generally I do try and remember to have them closed before entering a filling station especially abroad. Saves potential arguments with the attendants. ??
Dave

oldish hippy;n16142 said:
annie cant turn off gas tank

There are plenty of jar openers on the market -lots on ebay- that will enable anyone with limited hand dexterity open and close gas bottle valves easily. They don't need to be forcefully closed or opened by clumsy oafs!

Jennyp19;n16188 said:
Carol had a lot of problems with her - turned out to be a faulty fitting.

Mines fine the thing I struggle with is the cover that goes over the filler point I just cannot get it off .

Campervanannie;n16190 said:
Mines fine the thing I struggle with is the cover that goes over the filler point I just cannot get it off .

i had the same problem all I did was take it off then went around the outer edge with sand paper making it a fraction smaller, now it is nice and easy to get on and off

I never turn off my gas as I have AluGas bottles, they do not need to be turned off. I don't turn them off when filling either. However, I do not have any gas appliances operating when filling.

Hi folks, can I just ask...how much is it to refill a 6kg gasit bottle ? Thinking of buying one (or two) of these....thanks Maja

maja07;n16265 said:
Hi folks, can I just ask...how much is it to refill a 6kg gasit bottle ? Thinking of buying one (or two) of these....thanks Maja

In my area (south Wales) last time I filled an 11kg and a 6kg propane from empty at a cost of £17. Prices do fluctuate-you should find an outlet in your area. There are websites too that provide outlet locations home and abroad.

maja07;n16265 said:

Just checked my local outlet West Wales Gas Llandysul and its 55p a litre. Best price I've seen recently is Morrisons at 53p. FillLPG.co.uk is a site I use now and again but not all outlets are on it. Good hunting!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back