Gaslow 11kg cylinders thinking of selling them

Trek

Free Member

I have two of the original design 11kg Gaslow cylinders that have expiry dates of 2022 (so in theory will need recertification then )

I keep asking Galsow what options will be available but they keep saying they will advertise it in due course when the very first cylinders are due recertification

They did mention an exchange at various dealers around the uk as used cylinders cannot use any courier etc

But that they will need a pool of old cylinders ( That will get refurbished ) first to send to their distributors

They did mention a px if i bought new ones ( at possibly £35 per bottle)

So i was thinking of selling my two and getting the R67 style ( at the NEC they said they had a new design coming out ?)

I believe there is a 10% increase on Gaslow from 1st April Trek, send Charlie a message he knows ?

Gaslow did mention a price rise too me at the last NEC CAMPER SHOW they said cylinders were going up as soon as the show ends , but they didnt except for John Cross whose prices for the 11kgs are a around £190 ish

So thanks for the heads up on 1st april rise

Not april fool joke then ?

not 100% sure i want to sell them yet , thinking about it

I wonder what they could be worth ?

What would be a fair price

Anyway located in South wales

Thank you Wooie1958

I was also told that Gaslow have a new style of cylinder due out , different to the current R67 design

To be honest after my cylinders 15 year period are up I would prefer my own cylinders to be certified and returned to me in preference to having other used re-certified cylinders

Perhaps there are other companies around who could do this work ?

Occasionally Gaslow sell refurbished bottles - I bought one last year only to find that it was a 2014 bottle.
I asked why it hadn't been retested with a 10 year life and got the distinct impression that they couldn't do it.
I reckon that they will keep kicking this down the road and that you will either have to buy new with some sort of px which will take old bottles out of circulation forcing further new purchases or just 'forget' its age and carry on. After all bottles kept in a nice cosy locker and never man handled and dropped at all are probably going to go on indefinitely.
Also as others have said you can buy Gaslow from Hamilton at a discount that probably matches any px you might get or go for Gasit instead.
I got a full refund and bought a newer one second hand - I've now got until 2027 before I decide to forget how old they are!
From other forums one gets the impression that independent retests will cost much the same as buying new when transport costs are factored in.
I'd say fit and forget!

Last edited:
Gaslowdirect.com prices have gone up today as Nabsim predicted

Good job i ordered r67 cylinder from hamilton gas on the weekend

Hi. I could be wrong but when I was scuba diving I had to get my cylinders tested quite regularly. I am sure they also did gas cylinders. That way you get your own cylinders back again

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back