Gearbox filling on a 2008 Citroën Relay

rambrose

Going to change the gearbox oil on my 2008 Citroën Relay. I believe the filling hole is on top of the gearbox and I'll need some hose to put inside for filling.
It's chucking it down at the moment to check but can anyone remember what diameter hose they used?

heres the hole lower lhs the cap is lying just to its right on its side it just lifts off. parts have been removed to take picture but I've never needed to. To remove cap or fill with oil. The size hose you'll need just fits inside a normal garden hose

IMG_20230914_115752667.jpg

Last edited:
I think I remember it was suggested to overfill by 1/2 pint and measure what comes out so you know what the level was
google said
The revised amount is 2.9 litre ( this is engraved on the any new gearbox on the differential cover). The box drains quite well so I would put in that amount, even 3.0 litre does not seem unreasonable. Providing its a thin GL4 oil 75W-85 or 75W-80 it should be OK.16 Dec 2018

Last edited:
2.9ltr was what I had in mind. Got a break between the showers and found the filler. 12mm outside diameter tubing should fit.

What you took out really needed draining I'd not leave it to long before I did it again now gearbox oil is usually clean yours got contaminated some How

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back