Generator running problems

haggisrider

Free Member

Hi folks
I am having problems with my Bohmer 6500 w generator it starts ok and runs smoothly but when I go to put a load on it it cuts out
The carb is spotless and it revs fine when you manually rev it but it cuts out when I put a load on it
Any help would be much appreciated thanks

Check the gap on the spark plug. Depending how long it’s been in may be worth a new plug. I fine this E10 petrol causes problems, it doesn’t keep long. I am going to move on to V-Power

Some have either an electronic rev control unit and others a manuel flap unit driven by a crank fan, this will be the problem, i have one in my garage with electronic unit not working and cant get the part even though i have sent emails to the co with no answer back.

Also, check choke isn’t staying on, some you just have a start and run position, make sure it’s on run

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has a starting problem with abohmer-ag i5000 inverter generator. I think it’s my fault it’s been laid up all summer. I have taken out the smart plug cleaned it up. Took the air filter off a load of oil in the bottom of that what would be the next thing to check?

If it’s been stood with fuel you will need to drain it all out and get fresh if it is E10, (normal petrol). You may need anew plug as well, I usually have to fit a new plug if I forget to drain down/run it empty

If it’s been stood with fuel you will need to drain it all out and get fresh if it is E10, (normal petrol). You may need anew plug as well, I usually have to fit a new plug if I forget to drain down/run it empty
Okay, thanks for that. I will try it.

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has a starting problem with abohmer-ag i5000 inverter generator. I think it’s my fault it’s been laid up all summer. I have taken out the smart plug cleaned it up. Took the air filter off a load of oil in the bottom of that what would be the next thing to check?
Clean the carb and float neddle, its prob sticking, e 10 fuel is hard on them.

Back