German Aires

Bobtaylor

Hi all,
Re our upcoming trip down to Croatia;
I’ve used the Aires booked for France for many years, but usually managed to either find sites in Germany, or wing it
Just heard of the Stelplatz book for Aires in Germany.
Wondering if it’s worth getting ? And if English versions are available
All seem to be In German on ebay
And are Aires books available for Austria ?
Many thanks
Bob

We use bord atlas,
Vicarious books do a European version to go with the German one, you need to translate a few words like shotter which is gravel but the key is very understandable,

We use camper contact on our phones. They also have a book of the same name I think, in english, covering most of Europe

When in Germany, I previously used the ADAC Stellplatz-Führer, accepting that it was text based and relied on a very flimsy map. ( I like paper maps as I can scribble comments on them, and those comments are all in one place.)

Then someone offered me a cheap 2nd hand copy of 2014 Bordatlas and I subsequently used that. It's a pictorial based book with helpful photos.

These days I travel with both as they both work, although the ADAC Stellplatz-Führer map is even flimsier. 😳

I live in Hamburg, and the German ‘Stellplätze’ are second to none.. apart from ze French maybe..
Park4night and CamperContact apps show all the main ones with elect and water etc.
All you have to contend with, is the big wagons...we are always the smallest there with a Bulli

This was our route back from Italy last summer.
The only one to avoid is Chiusa (expensive carpark linked to Hotel/Campsite).
The others were good to excellent (but depends what you like)
Gschnitz was beautiful. Memmingen Old town as well
The E42 is a fast pretty route..Lodas more stellplatz in the Mosel Valley
No tolls . Brenner pass easy
No vignette needed in Austria.
More Stellplatz in Austria but we drove from Gshnitz to Germany in a day. It was Saturday and the Fernpass was slow !

If you don't want to use the German books, which are easy enough to use, try Camperstop Europe which has most European countries written in English

I live in Hamburg, and the German ‘Stellplätze’ are second to none.. apart from ze French maybe..
Park4night and CamperContact apps show all the main ones with elect and water etc.
All you have to contend with, is the big wagons...we are always the smallest there with a Bulli
hi Happless H, thank you for the advise, re you living in Germany, could you please answer a question,
ive been looking at purchasing the pass to allow me to drive into cities, pollution... but as far as I can work out each region has its own pass that has to be applied for and paid for, there’s nothing definite about visiting big cities and would probably stop outside and bus in, so is it worth buying the passes or just avoiding the cities,
many thanks, Bob

Stellplatz are great and would be even better if they didn`t have so many bleeding foreigners on them o_O

Hi all,
Re our upcoming trip down to Croatia;
I’ve used the Aires booked for France for many years, but usually managed to either find sites in Germany, or wing it
Just heard of the Stelplatz book for Aires in Germany.
Wondering if it’s worth getting ? And if English versions are available
All seem to be In German on ebay
And are Aires books available for Austria ?
Many thanks
Bob
We use Camperstop Europe....you don’t need anything else.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back