German Aires

We use bord atlas,
Vicarious books do a European version to go with the German one, you need to translate a few words like shotter which is gravel but the key is very understandable,
We used to use Bord Atlas, but found most to be in Campercontact or P4N which being App and POI based are easier to use.

hi Happless H, thank you for the advise, re you living in Germany, could you please answer a question,
ive been looking at purchasing the pass to allow me to drive into cities, pollution... but as far as I can work out each region has its own pass that has to be applied for and paid for, there’s nothing definite about visiting big cities and would probably stop outside and bus in, so is it worth buying the passes or just avoiding the cities,
many thanks, Bob
Hi
I bought my Umweltzone Plakette at the first DEKRA place we came across after entering Germany, as far as I know it covers all areas. But if anyone knows better do please let me know.

hi Happless H, thank you for the advise, re you living in Germany, could you please answer a question,
ive been looking at purchasing the pass to allow me to drive into cities, pollution... but as far as I can work out each region has its own pass that has to be applied for and paid for, there’s nothing definite about visiting big cities and would probably stop outside and bus in, so is it worth buying the passes or just avoiding the cities,
many thanks, Bob

Hi Bob,
I think you mean the low emissions pass? All German cars have one as part of the registration process but foreign cars may not display the EURO class ‘4’ sticker, for example. I‘ve not heard of any other regional pass apart from the national one. Each city can designate 2, 3 or 4 and therefore ban older polluting vehicles. So it would depend on which class you qualify for. Check out this link for an English application website: https://www.germanemissionssticker.com/

We use Park4Night app. Travelling all round Europe at the moment with it. It also links to Google maps or Waze so you find a place to stop and it generates the route. The problem with books is that they can go out of date and take up space in the van. Heavy too if you carry a lot. An app will have far more frequent and recent updates too.

Hi all,
Re our upcoming trip down to Croatia;
I’ve used the Aires booked for France for many years, but usually managed to either find sites in Germany, or wing it
Just heard of the Stelplatz book for Aires in Germany.
Wondering if it’s worth getting ? And if English versions are available
All seem to be In German on ebay
And are Aires books available for Austria ?
Many thanks
Bob
As well as Park4night, we use a German App called "Stellplatz Radar". All in German but you can generally figure it out even if you don't speak the language. Covers most of Europe - certainly down to Croatia. You can pinpoint an area on the map and specify a radius of search from that point. (Various search options are also available). You can then see places as a list or show them on a map. Also has a handy link to show navigation to the selected site.

We bought Bord Atlas but it is big and cumbersome, and much prefer apps like SearchForSites and the ACSI scheme for cheaper campsites.
We recommend these 2 fab lakeside sites in southern Austria: Millstattersee at Dobriach Camping Brunner N46.768411 E13.6498753
And Keutschachersee at Dobeinitz on Camping Sud N46.5845210 E14.1721417
And, of course Camping Bled in Slovenia beside Lake Bled at N46.3616527 E14.0822179. All these are €20/n on ACSI and have lovely lakeside grass areas to watch the sun go down over the water + brilliant facilities for emptying waste and refilling, showers etc.

Attachments

• F1A0FB36-5E10-4992-8549-D627A94D24C0.jpeg
    F1A0FB36-5E10-4992-8549-D627A94D24C0.jpeg
    305.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 22239253-2951-46C8-977C-EAEFED074736.jpeg
    22239253-2951-46C8-977C-EAEFED074736.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 28493407-1644-4C35-A0C3-208E06F36E97.jpeg
    28493407-1644-4C35-A0C3-208E06F36E97.jpeg
    354 KB · Views: 1

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back