Get well soon, Mark, Northerners on tour ** UPDATED **

Sorry to hear about your accident, i wish you a full and speedy recovery.

I was up on our roof only last week .... can see how easily it could happen. Wishing you a quick recovery.

I've a fixed ladder on the rear my MH but tend to use a telescopic ladder against the side to access the rood sides as it seems safer than climbing on top. There goes that theory!

Mark was very unlucky I think and not doing anything people don't do all the time. Good to see on the mend (y)

I have just been informed Mark from Northerners on tour, has fallen off the roof of his van whilst he was cleaning it, he is now in hospital with spine injuries and other suspected injuries awaiting a scan. It would be nice if you could join us in wishing him all the best and a speedy recovery. Mark and Lisa do attend a lot of meets and are a well known to most of this group

HERE IS THE UPDATE

Hi all i have only just seen this thank you jeff for your lovely message🥰
mark has been extremely lucky and we have since the fall found out he has fractured his spine and the area is called T12 if any of you are medically minded …. he is on pain relief and we did manage to get to france and spain but some days where a struggle as can be seen on our latest vlog on our you tube channel

Thank you to all you have contacted us and sent messages we are feeling the love and are attending the whittingham rally so hope to see you all there

lots of love

Lisa ans Mark

Gin , tonic and tramadol worked for me until I spent, no you don't want to read this !! So from a dotty old geriatric, do what you're doing and stay safe
Love to you both
Peter & Sue

Only just came across this thread - by accident - and am glad to learn that Mark is healing. It could have been so much worse.

I too have knocked my ladder over a couple of years ago but I was so far up it, leaning out over the m'home roof, that as the ladder slipped I got my hand over the rim of the skylight and hung on for grim death until a passer-by saw me and put my ladder up again. My family banned me from ladders as a result so I set out to purchase an "Ankalad" ladder stabiliser, only to find the company had gone out of business. Somehow I found a similar product from the Burton Wire & Tube Co. Ltd. of Swadlincote, Derbyshire. Go to
https://bisonproducts.co.uk/ladder-stabiliser-legs-large/
for details and prices.
They also make medium and small legs. I purchased the large legs because they could enable me to erect the ladder without having to lean it against the edge of the m'home roof but the penalty is that they are heavy so I have to struggle out of my garage with just the lower half of my ladder with legs attached, then when positioned where needed, add the upper section! If you don't mind leaning the ladder against the edge or your awning, use medium or even small legs. It's not the easiest of things to use and I am proposing to make a couple of modifications to make it easier. Also, it is supposed to be for ladders with box-section side rails but mine are I-section. I solved this problem by carefully cutting and shaping pieces of hardwood which are almost a press fit into the rails (both sides) with the bolts holding the brackets for the legs going through so the brackets are held as securely as if the ladder rails were solid.

Following on from Ettrick's post, my family asked me to stop climbing/falling from trees, etc using basic ladders, and so I bought a tripod ladder. I wish I'd done it years ago as it's adjustable for gradients and an incredibly safe platform for all tasks at height. Even I feel much safer.

It's really good to hear that Mark is continuing to improve. 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back