Gibraltar

You can park at the spanish side at the balonbedica football motorhome park for 4 euros

Balompedica, €5. A cassette emptying point of sorts near the base of the electricity pylon.
No water, even at a fiver poor value. After 5:00 p.m. ? on Saturday and all of Sunday the Blue
Pay Zones are free, OK for a day visit.

I'd say anyone wanting a reasonable compromise between basic and a 5* campsite then the
Marina Aire would be the preferred place to stop. Sureuropa Campsite is quite a lot further out
and probably no cheaper. The thing is that it is run by a disabled persons charity Asansull
which would benefit by your patronage. The Balompedica Linense for basic.
There are no 5* campsites near Gib. The nearest 'proper' campsite is La Casita about 8 km
distant and isolated, 2 or 3* at best but densely tree shaded, no bad thing at this time of year!
No overnite motorhome camping anywhere in Gib....officially. But the patrolling local fuzz will
often overlook a few motorhomes parked up for an overnighter at Europa Point carpark or
the carparks immediately before Catalan Bay.

Have you stayed at the Marina yourself?

Graham
smile.gif

Have you stayed at the Marina yourself?

Graham
smile.gif

I have, 2 nights when it first opened and wasn't quite finished, I didn't have
to pay! Soon after it officially opened as an aire & charged €12, early this year I think it was €13.
It's the nearest to the Gib border entry point apart from the even closer carpark (by 100m) which I
would not recommend. IIRC that is +€24 night, with dubious security measures, due to the
anytime public access to the area.

We visited the MH aire at the marina late February and whilst it was busy there was always space available. There is plenty of parking down the far end where the larger motorhomes and those with trailers parked. A January visit should be fine.

Reactions: GMJ
I have, 2 nights when it first opened and wasn't quite finished, I didn't have
to pay! Soon after it officially opened as an aire & charged €12, early this year I think it was €13.
It's the nearest to the Gib border entry point apart from the even closer carpark (by 100m) which I
would not recommend. IIRC that is +€24 night, with dubious security measures, due to the
anytime public access to the area.

What time of year did you stay? Was it busy?

Graham
smile.gif

Unfortunately the large unused waste ground (known as No Mans Land) on the Spanish side of the frontier
left side on entry, cannot be camped on these days. Was never really officially permitted, just tolerated at times. With the amount of fag smuggling over and through the holes in the border fence, the Guardia like to keep it clear, despite the fact that
some of them participate in the smuggling, holes in the fence are left unmended for months. My van and others were
often used for scooter run cover in the good old days, when a measure of m/home camping was allowed on NML.

What time of year did you stay? Was it busy?

Graham
smile.gif

I'm mostly there in the winter season in the van, I often walk past, a bit difficult to see from the main road
but I could safely say that never more than about half capacity marked spaces occupied, but I dare say they would
let you park outside the marked spaces, the boat berths will not be fully occupied winter season so plenty
of space alongside. In the summer I fly down occasionally, do my best to avoid anything to do with
m/homes and camping!
One downside is wind rattling the yacht lanyards and gear at night!!! A good enough reason for me to use the
Footie Ground carpark. Same goes for those aires beside the marina at Almerimar!

We were there in Feb 2019 for 2 nights. There was plenty of space when we arrived and there was plenty of free space the whole time we were there.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back