Glad to be heading home soon.

Oh how you are suffering.
Our hearts bleed for you.
Never mind you'll soon be back in civilisation..
And you've tried it.. It wasn't for you.. Job done!

In the queue @ Las Shuttle waiting to board, been out on an earlier train, no issue, whole process has been a breeze. Last 2022 message from France 🇫🇷 au revoir 🥲

Edit, three PPort booths open, out of six, a tad slow but getting there 👍

Really really last msg as now on the train and movi…..
Apologies for delay and incomplete post, I was saying we are the move and now on the other side, great service 👍

Last edited:
Mainly..
The shuttle is very good and dlays minor. After all they run every 20 mins at peak times
Just the road queues that cause issues. I trust UK immigration quizzed you re independencs 🤣 🤮

Phil, no complaints going in or out with the shuttle. This trip both crossing times were moved to earlier boarding, which suited us big time time. Nor were we subjected to road queues, our shuttle experiences have always been positive, which is why we don’t do ferries.
Re: UK immigration, there was a mention of appendix, I told him I had mine removed years ago 😂

We love ferries and make them part of our trip. Although not cheap our favourite is Newcastle to Amsterdam, especially in Commodore Class. Timing both ways is perfect - late afternoon sailing so you can have a great meal in the restaurant then a good nights sleep as you don’t arrive too early.
Newcastle is pretty easy from Aberdeen, especially with an overnight in Edinburgh. Then getting to France from Amsterdam is pretty good - we tend to take it easy down the Moselle.
We have never taken the Eurostar but on one dreadful occasion when we lived in France we took that dreadful hovercraft with the car. Thank goodness it no longer runs!!

I haven’t experienced UK to EU ferry crossings with MH. Having the dog is a pain, we wouldn’t leave him in MH during a crossing. Bea doesn’t do well in boats. True story, one extended trip to Fla, we drove to Key West, booked a hotel where room came with a waterbed, she was seasick!!
I love the boat journey, and a contradiction to Beas sea faring legs. We did the 4+ hour crossing from Oban to Barra, weather was stunning (July) and as we exited Sound of Mull, the Atlantic was flat calm all the way over to Barra. We spent the whole trip over on the seats at the stern, Bea was fine, Two week later, Stornaway to Ullapool return trip, this is a different story!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back