Global Link Management

jim and pat dalton

Have any Motorhomers dealt with this company at all?

I have spotted a motorhome that may replace our van for the near future and on the basis that they are a global shipping and dealing company. they say their method is to Supply photos and details, then accept payment plus £135 shipping fee. They then deliver the vehicle and you have 5 days to inspect vehicle and return it for a guaranteed refund if you don't want it.

This method to me, smells a bit fishy, well more like a fish canning company its so smelly!! It seems they are a registered company but there is nothing to actually stop them walking off with the cash and not supplying a vehicle imho and then becoming obtuse and awkward

Wondered if I am being over paranoid or not. So I thought I would ask here, just in case. even as I re-read this, the fish are getting more smelly

Cheers

Jim

Net Assets £19,068 in 2021 Accounts [unaudited, though this is permitted for a micro entity] and, from a separate Companies House filing, an Issued Share Capital of £1. No details of the Net Assets, presumably retained profits, but cannot get definitive information. The business was dormant up until about 2019, so difficult to see where any other tangible assets could have accrued. It's possible that the controlling Director has substantial cash assets that he can introduce to the company, either as additional Issued Share Capital, or as a Director's Loan, if business demand develops ...

But I saw a Post on another Forum from a [member] major Motorhome Dealer in 2021 or 2022 in which the Dealer said they needed to make £8,000 mark up [itemised in the Post] on each Motorhome to remain profitable and stay in business, keeping a professionally equipped workshop and employed Sales Team on the Books

A business with £19.068 of net assets is likely to struggle to get Bank overdraft facilities of any size, perhaps £20,000 short term, and is likely to struggle to get Dealer Stocking Loan facilities to purchase Motorhomes for Sale to the public. I wouldn't fight to be first in the queue to test the business's ability to deliver the promised Motorhome, but I am an ex-Banker with 21 years+ experience of lending based on the assessment of financial information rather than what the computer says

Steve

Last edited:
Hi, came across this post whilst Googling!

Seems too good to be accurate and suspicious all round.

I found a post on the Facebook marketplace from a private seller. The profile told me to email to get more details. They did provide more pictures but also told me about the bizarre arrangement (no viewings or pickup, 5 day money back). The addresses they provided show no evidence of being involved in vehicle trade (or evidence of the company at all!)

The original Facebook profile lists many other vehicles for sale, and there are comments on a recent post that the account has been hacked.

The van being advertised was a 2015 Peugeot Boxer campervan at £9,500 (they said cheap price because of auction). Numberplate was EJ64 FEO.

Shame, the van looked lovely!

I will keep digging on the email and try to waste as much of the scammers time as possible!

The email has all the trimmings of a scam job (poor English, few details). My bet would be that Global Link Management Ltd are not even involved and their name is just being used to attempt to make it seem genuine.

Hi,
The 2015 Peugeot Boxer l3 h2 hdi camper van is still for sale at £9,500. This van is in great condition, 75,500 miles. Manual transmission. MOT Status Expires: 21 March 2024. The van is located at our warehouse from London NW10 7SF, ready to be transported. We acquired this vehicle from an auction, this is why the lower price.
Since we are dealing mainly with transportation, please note that we don't schedule inspections/pick up at/from our location, but we sell the vehicle with a 5 days money back guarantee.

For a transport cost, reply with your postcode or full address.

Shannon Collins
Senior Sales Executive
GLOBAL LINK MANAGEMENT LTD

s-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600 (3).jpgs-l1600 (4).jpgs-l1600 (6).jpgs-l1600 (7).jpgs-l1600 (8).jpgs-l1600 (9).jpgs-l1600 (10).jpgs-l1600 (11).jpgs-l1600 (12).jpgs-l1600 (13).jpgs-l1600 (14).jpgs-l1600 (15).jpgs-l1600 (16).jpgs-l1600 (17).jpgs-l1600 (18).jpgs-l1600 (21).jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (5).jpg

The Dealer's Manager that I referred to in the 2nd para of Post #3 has just gone solo, opening his new Showroom premises a week or so ago. Stock available to inspect and everything highly visible/tangible; but even he has had to 'open in stages', and is currently outsourcing the servicing until his wife [qualified Engineer and Workshop Manager at the former Dealership], is happy that the new Workshop is properly equipped and has been tested fully. The new Dealership has invested a damn sight more than £19.068 and he has 25+ years experience of running a Dealership! Chalk and cheese ...

Steve

Thanks for the replies: They were very helpful. I found several more vendors that use this method in Facebook Market Place. They are all scammers.

If you search around for a similar van in Ebay or autotrader etc. The very same van will pop up with genuine contacts that ar doing a srtaight sale but at a much higher (and expected ) price.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back