GM Clean Air Charging consultation

MiaC3000

Free Member

Hi all, Greater Manchester are currently consulting on whether to include M category campervans as well as N category campervan in their clean air charging. I would encourage people to respond to the consultation. All N class motorhomes will pay £10 per day to drive in Greater Manchester. They are asking whether M class should pay the same amount. https://cleanairgm.com/consultation/

Filled in the survey but you just know it's a done deal. They are more concerned about box ticking on things of religion, sex, gender etc

I misread it and thought they were going to charge to use the motorways, and responded accordingly. Oh well.

It seems odd that all motorcaravans will be charged £10 per day regardless of size. Anyone who has a tiny camper as their daily drive will be in a far worse position than someone who has a car of the same size and pollution.
Given that the average motor caravan does less than 5000 miles per year, this seems hard to justify.

In readiness to accept any stupid comments can I please ask "what are the categories i.e. M and N"?
I am not aware of them.
Well, before any response received I have viewd the consultation and find the survey is closed however a nice link
to the .gov site to ascertain the category of my MH - no entry for the category!
A check of the V5C shows blank in the area of "type - variant - version" so still none the wiser!
What is more after checking section J of the V5C the category is blank! Hey Ho!

Last edited:
Are Euro 6 Motorhomes exempt up to 3500kg
Yes, Euro6 diesels of any size are exempt. But if you have a pre-euro6 motorhome, it will take a lot of £10 fees to match the cost of switching to a euro6, and they are likely to become obsolete when hydrogen takes over.

Hi all, Greater Manchester are currently consulting on whether to include M category campervans as well as N category campervan in their clean air charging. I would encourage people to respond to the consultation. All N class motorhomes will pay £10 per day to drive in Greater Manchester. They are asking whether M class should pay the same amount. https://cleanairgm.com/consultation/
The difference is manufactured or van conversion.

The difference is manufactured or van conversion.
  • My Factory Built Motorhome is blank on the M / N category section
  • My previous Self-Built Van Conversion was blank on the M / N category sectio
  • The Van I self-converted before that one was an "M" because it started life as an MPV "Diesel Car"
Point I am making above is using that field for some kind of charging purpose is totally flawed.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back