Going to Spain this winter?

GMJ

If so I would suggest booking soon unless you normally 'wing it'.

I have just spent a great deal of time sorting out our sites on the coast for next Jan - March and many were already booked up...more so than when I did this exercise this time last year.

I appreciate that different folks may have different criteria than us but it would be worth bearing it in mind!

Graham
smile.gif

With the £ to € exchange rate unlikely to improve, you probably won't come across
quite as many Brits. this year. Could be a good thing, or not, depending on your point
of view.
The popular sites are often booked a year in advance, just as campers go home at
winters end ......motorhoming, definitely for the adventurous.
:rolleyes: you'll have to make bookings at least 2 years in advance!

We do spain in the winter and have always just gone as we never know where we are heading for, and have never had a problem

Fingers crossed for you.

I only went through all the ACSI sites in the localities we want but certainly for the dates we wanted around Alicante on the Costa Blanca and also on the Costa del Sol for Jan/Feb, were a problem.

Graham
smile.gif

Fingers crossed for you.

I only went through all the ACSI sites in the localities we want but certainly for the dates we wanted around Alicante on the Costa Blanca and also on the Costa del Sol for Jan/Feb, were a problem.

Graham
smile.gif

You may need to look for sites further inland, just a few kilometres can make a big difference,
or the Costa de la Luz could be worth a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are all booked now so no problem but we like to be on the coast so we can walk on the beach every day. A "few kilometres" would be too far for my wife to walk as she has MS.

Good shout on the Costa de la Luz though. I'll bear that in mind for future trips.

Graham
smile.gif

Yes have to admit, most of us like to be near the sea, and in the winter season
invariably it's warmer on the costa than inland, even if only a few kilometres.
But the overcrowding is the price you usually pay.
The Costa de la Luz not so many years ago used to be promoted as the 'undiscovered'
costa, not now lol. Subject to Atlantic winds as is the Algarve of course, not quite as good a
climate as the Med coast and further to drive.

Reactions: GMJ
Yep I've found the same, luckily I booked some sites as we left in March this year, I've been trying to infil a week here and there this week and its been difficult but I got there in the end.

Reactions: GMJ

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back