Good sign spring is nearly here.

runnach

So not like you at "homeworking" then ??????
Morning Phil, I have to go through scrips for a total of 41 students. 17 fabrication, 24 mechanical. I’ve been boxing off the lads who utilise resources I have uploaded to moodle to assist them to produce up to and higher than the required standard. I’m now languishing and working through the dross, when I read through what they think is acceptable, I dispare. So much so, I walk away. That was one off, those moments. I do exactly the same at work, except I don’t have the vista to lose myself and recharge as I have here at home.

Actually, what the world is going through now, is having me revaluate whAt to do after this is over, if I’m still here.

jagmanx

Just joking..
But I understand...Very frustrating.
I remember many staff doing as you say advising students to modify their coursework and then re-submit.
Then having to see if they have made the improvement..

I used to Loath marking even with "maths" which was relatively easy ???? years ago.
Good luck and yes the odd breath of "Fresh Air" and a walk is needed.

As you say when this is over consider what is best for you both.

runnach

Just joking..
But I understand...Very frustrating.
I remember many staff doing as you say advising students to modify their coursework and then re-submit.
Then having to see if they have made the improvement..

I used to Loath marking even with "maths" which was relatively easy ???? years ago.
Good luck and yes the odd breath of "Fresh Air" and a walk is needed.

As you say when this is over consider what is best for you both.
There are times I question “am I putting this over correctly?” When going through the dross. Then when I receive written work back from certain individuals who have clearly utilised theory resources, you cease questioning yourself and know it is, in this example, not me.

This 19/20 session, I have never had so many who have through learner support, have various degree of dyslexia. This makes the job much more harder. I better stop now, as I have my own thoughts on this, certainly with some individuals.

jagmanx

Not easy as they say "you can lead a horse to water etc".

By the mere definition oaf average (MEDIAN) 50% are below..
Yet the government etc expect teachers to get 60% above average..
I guess the government are "below Median"
But as you say ENUFF (oops my spelling is << 50%)