GPS Rollover week 6th April

I updated my neighbours TomTom and we have superfast broadband and that took over 3 hours (an hour to download and then over 2 hours to install). Maps are large files.

Mine has just gone up to 17 hours and 20 mins left!!!
banghead.gif

Graham
sad.gif

I have a Garmin nuvi but have no lead to connect it to update it, usually get a friend in Portugal to do it for me as she has same satnav as me but didn't lose the lead! Quite honestly, if it stops working, I would get a new one, this has some very strange routes at times!Usually have Google maps loaded with the route also so I have a back up when Garmin goes off piste!

I updated a TomTom SD Card a couple of days ago (from a Renault Carminet(sp?) System). Took just a few minutes for the time issue update apparently. (not tried it so assuming update worked!).
The letter from Renualt seems to make it very clear that the update is not optional and this is an active issue on the TomToms they fit.

I have a Garmin nuvi but have no lead to connect it to update it, usually get a friend in Portugal to do it for me as she has same satnav as me but didn't lose the lead! Quite honestly, if it stops working, I would get a new one, this has some very strange routes at times!Usually have Google maps loaded with the route also so I have a back up when Garmin goes off piste!
The Garmins use a standard Mini-USB connector lead if you wanted to get one. It is not a special-to-Garmin lead.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back