GPS Trackers

I have had the Rewire 104 pro magnetic gps tracker for about 3 years now, maybe 4. It can be hard wired or charged from a cigarette lighter type power point. The battery lasts for weeks before needing charged. It emails me when this is required. The display on a laptop or phone is simple and effective. The technical support team are extremely helpful, although they do not monitor my vans movements to alert me, although I have not programmed a defence zone or disabling functions etc. When I bought mine I was able for approx £20 get lifetime support (10 years). It has a giffgaff sim installed (their recommendation) which uses virtually no data and has no top up period limitations.

I can recommend this product and their helpline but don’t know what the service top up offers as I simply use mine as a permanent position indicator when I wish to.

Davy

You can get a slightly better one than that for the same cost - info https://amzn.to/322cHB0
Direct https://global-trackers.co.uk/shop/ - there is also a demo on this site
£4.80/m (£4 +vat) via direct debit

Yes, you can get cheap ones and your own sims, but this one works out of the box, "global" roaming, and the web site they manage, recording all tracks and events, and can alert text/email on events. You can also manage voltages with it and also d+ (engine start), so you can determine if towed or not, and also set geo zones.

Had a tk103 for about 8yrs just put a lebara sim in it with about £10 on it as long as you text it every 84 days or before it keeps working. It texts you back the location its been accurate for me in uk,spain,france and belgium where I have tested it. That one on Amazon cyberspy says
  • Our car trackers are not just GPS, they transmit via GLONASS, GALILEO, BEIDOU, SBAS, QZSS, DGPS and AGPS satellite connection to provide ultimate coverage.
I thought gps worked by getting the signal from the satellites not transmitting to the satellites?

Mike

I bought a tk103b (b gives you remote buttons) several years ago, giff gaff sim, pay £6 month bundle for texts because I have it set to text me every time doors are opened or engine on/off or it gets rocked by passing boy racers, use Ruhavik to track it as the original Trackerhome site given with the unit seems to have stopped working, but I have been happy with the free version of Ruhavik with geozone and ability to see trips on map. I don't use the fuel cut off wiring, but I do have the alarm out connected to 2 very loud sirens !

Had a tk103 for about 8yrs just put a lebara sim in it with about £10 on it as long as you text it every 84 days or before it keeps working. It texts you back the location its been accurate for me in uk,spain,france and belgium where I have tested it. That one on Amazon cyberspy says
  • Our car trackers are not just GPS, they transmit via GLONASS, GALILEO, BEIDOU, SBAS, QZSS, DGPS and AGPS satellite connection to provide ultimate coverage.
I thought gps worked by getting the signal from the satellites not transmitting to the satellites?

Mike
I thought GPS worked from time signals received from geo stationery satellites from which the GPS calculated your position. .

Last edited:
I use three of these one on the motorhome one on my van and one on the car,I have had them on for over 4 years with no problems

Hi all you electrical buffs out there and anyone else whose interested.

Does anyone one have any experience of these GPS trackers? www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/db2-self-install-diy-gps-tracker

The 'monitoring' cost is £15 for 3 months. This provides access to a mobile app.

All comments (well almost all) welcomed.

Burstner Boy
We have one of those. It’s been fitted in the van just over 2 years and has worked perfectly. GPS live is excellent. Not only does it show you where you are but if you look at your history, you can retrace all your old routes. Handy for remembering that perfect place you stopped at on your last trip.
Ive also had 3 of the cheaper 103 units. They don’t seem to last long, on all 3, the usb/charging socket failed after a couple of years use when they were hard wired in.

Hi Everybody

Thanks for all the information and particularly your experiences of using various devices. Much research to do and a decision to be made.

Thanks again

Burstner Boy

I have three of these and have used them for over four years. I've only had one problem which the customer service team at Rewire very quickly sorted out. 10/10 and recommended without reservation.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back