Green Card issued

Biggarmac

Rally Organiser
Spoke to someone from my van insurer (Camping and Caravanning Club). The insurers they use are not issuing green cards until they know a bit more about what is happening. They also don't cover Bosnia and suggested that I buy cover at the border for the tiny bit of the country I nned to drive through. Now wondering if Dubrovnik is a must? None of the post offices near me are doing the IBPs.

Lunnie

I am awaiting my green card, due today from Safeguard free of charge as we are travelling 9th April. This has taken 2weeks so we have no chance of waiting to see.
Also we will be getting IDL 1968 for Holland

We all know nothing can just shut down it will be phrased in...

Clunegapyears

Meg, Caravan and motorhome club only issued to the green card as we were leaving before the 29th of March, otherwise they would’ve waited to see. Be surprised if the Camping and Caravan Club is different. When are you planning to travel? Renewal with the other club?

I tried both caravan clubs for our insurance renewal but only the C&MC club offered a green card for all the old Eastern Block countries with only one of their insurers. They don’t cover Turkey.

We will be getting IDP 1969 for our trip leaving on March 21 on Friday, will let you know if we have a problem.

Jann

Adrian Flux have said give details and they will issue a green card by email if necessary

Biggarmac

Rally Organiser
Hi Catherine. I'm hoping to go mid March, but have not booked anything yet. For the IDP the nearest POs don't do them, only larger POs and that means a round trip of 50 miles! For the green card I will try speaking to someone else at the C&CC to see if they have different advice. My insurance dates from November; so it would cost to change mid year. I have 365 days in Europe cover, but of course 365 days might not be allowed soon.
Have your dogs had the blood tests? On another forum there was talk of a second blood test. Its all a mess!

Clunegapyears

Hi Catherine. I'm hoping to go mid March, but have not booked anything yet. For the IDP the nearest POs don't do them, only larger POs and that means a round trip of 50 miles! For the green card I will try speaking to someone else at the C&CC to see if they have different advice. My insurance dates from November; so it would cost to change mid year. I have 365 days in Europe cover, but of course 365 days might not be allowed soon.
Have your dogs had the blood tests? On another forum there was talk of a second blood test. Its all a mess!
At least you can do the IDP then and there, so you can always do it when you are en route. I’m surprised that any insurance company can email a green card, as my understanding is they are printed on green paper and hand signed. Ours this year and last year certainly are.

Both dogs have had rabies blood titer tests, and I have the results certificates so that I can prove to anybody overseas that they’ve had them. Have booked to see the vet for rabies boosters and health certificate 7 days before we travel.

Sounds as if you are planning to cross about the same time as us. We have a Crossing booked on the 21st of March morning with the tunnel. This is around the time you are planning to cross? Would love to meet up perhaps for a few days on the other side. We have no fixed plans other than the WC Dutch bulb fields meet on 11.05.

Last edited:

Kontiki

In the process of changing the van, old van at the dealers & getting the new one March 12th. I rang CaravanGuard (mainly going to take the option of getting the 14day free insurance) to get the free insurance you have to get a quote. Their quote doesn't look that competitive but included 90 days EU cover, so I asked about a Green Card in the event I needed one, answer was if I got it when I took insurance out there was an admin fee of £15, if I had to get it later the cost was £26.50 + £15 (admin fee) =£41.50. She didn't seem to be able to grasp the point I'm getting EU cover (must be a cost for that) so to use the EU cover I need to be in the EU & I might have to have a green card?? Years ago you used to get a green card for free you just had to ask for one. From what I remember the green card was just a document (in different languages) that said that you had at least minimum third party insurance, it wasn't an extra insurance.

vintageb3

Scotland is a beautiful place to explore and so is Wales, let alone Cumbria, Yorkshire The lake district. Think I might skip Europe this year, wait till the dust settles.
I agree, but unfortunately there won’t be dust in those places. The rain will keep the dust down. :(

• Funny
Reactions: Rec

Rec

We are booked for the tunnel 19/3. Got IDP 1968 &1949, dog will be ok going out and will have rabies blood test in Portugal if or when needed and we can stay longer to sort it out if this won't work. I am sure that the rules will be phased in but it is so unsettling. I agree UK will be a good option instead, but I love Europe too, it's people & places! Also our place in Portugal will be completely overgrown by the time we get there...if we don't go soon, we might not be able to find it!!:rolleyes:

Clunegapyears

Went to get out IDP yesterday, but someone who shall remain nameless forgot his wallet with his driving licence in it!!! Will be Wednesday now.

Rec

Went to get out IDP yesterday, but someone who shall remain nameless forgot his wallet with his driving licence in it!!! Will be Wednesday now.
That made me laugh.....I went on my own but grabbed his driving licence out of his wallet! Took about ten minutes in our local post office.