Green roof

Wully

Just noticed that the roof of my van is greener than Tom Jones grass It’s parked under some trees most of the time any ideas how to prevent. And easiest way to clean or what cleaning product to use to make this job easier.

Mine was similarly black, after short time as I generally keep close eye on it , home and away.
I washed with soapy water then was surprised how quickly it cleaned up with usual allshine waterless was.

I find muc off caravan cleaner works well. LINK
I use the 5 litre container and spray it from a garden sprayer. Leave for 5 minutes then brush with a little water, then rinse off. An advantage in our area is that it continues to rinse off naturally as it is soaked each day!

Any of the wide range of off road motorcycle cleaner will do the job. We currently use Pro Green (as we get good deals from their stand at the motocross tracks we race at) but have used several brands including Muc Off. Very kind to plastics, metal, seals etc. All are bio degradable. Bob

Green roofs are the future Fully, just plant a sort of ground cover that doesn't need cutting, insulation values will be much better :)

Is there anything that you can spray on let it soak then rinse off to get the stubern stuff then give it a wash. And dose anybody actually go on to the roof to do this I can access the roof through one of the big skylights without a ladder. I’ve got a young apprentice who weighs the same as a packet of crisps think he’ll be working Saturday

Is there anything that you can spray on let it soak then rinse off to get the stubern stuff then give it a wash. And dose anybody actually go on to the roof to do this I can access the roof through one of the big skylights without a ladder. I’ve got a young apprentice who weighs the same as a packet of crisps think he’ll be working Saturday
Charlie washes and polishes his regularly lol

Just noticed that the roof of my van is greener than Tom Jones grass It’s parked under some trees most of the time any ideas how to prevent. And easiest way to clean or what cleaning product to use to make this job easier.
Guess your normal parking space is under the trees so the options are either remove the trees or shield the roof in some way. As for getting off the green I use Autoglym Engine and Machinery Cleaner - its non-corrosive, solvent free, water based, multi-surface cleaner. Just spray on, brush and hose off. From Halfords etc.

I use Swarfega TFR (traffic film remover) half a cup full in half bucket o warm water brush on leave a couple of mins give it a scrub with brush then hose off ….works a treat every time

Thanks for all the replies, I live with the tree problem , sap and leaves ! Once clean I do put a tarpaulin over the van but have to be quick before the leaves appear again. Great if I can get one of the products and just spray and rinse off.....saves time scrubbing ! Off to Halfords now for a wonder product...??

Be careful you don’t create dampness though the van by putting a tarp over it
Can also scratch if not tied down correctly by windy weather

Another recommendation for Wet & Forget.
It’s not cheap but does work. They do a shower cleaner too which works brilliantly.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back