Guess where wully is. 😜

This was us a few years back going through the Crinan Canal and going under the skye Bridge on our way to Portree, the scenery was fabulous going through the canal, we used to stop overnight half way through, a few of us would get together and pay canal pilots who would cycle to each lock and prepare them ready for our entrys and take our lines, so we didn't need to step off the boat. I usually had 3 or 4 other boats, who would come with us on our adventures, knowing they were is safe hands with me, I used to do all the passage planning for them all.

I after say though since I have become a motorhome owner and sold the boat our holidays have become a fraction of the price and equally as enjoyable going by land.

boat pictures ireland 076.jpgsummer cruise 2008 014.jpgsummer cruise 2008 129.jpgboat pictures ireland 085.jpgboat pictures ireland 073.jpg

sue if you wanted to incorporate it into an orkney trip the ferry’s are subsidised we wanted to come back via Arran but one of the ferries was fully booked for the next 3-4 days the 1/2 ferry was only £24. and the other £36 gets you away from the loch lomond gridlock

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back