Habitation water pump noise

• Thread starter Deleted member 6692
  • Start date
Hi we bought a new Auto Trail V line last year, the Sureflo pump was fitted to the wall panelling and was a horrendous noise when running. The solution was to reduce the pressure slightly and to fit an accumulator on the output side of the pump, and refit the pump in the same place. Now you can hardly hear it run. Happy days :)(y):)

Hi everyone, does anyone suffer the same problem as me? When I run the water to wash up, fill a kettle etc, I can hear the water pump working. Does anyone know how to silence the pump?
Another strange thing is, that occasionally in the night it suddenly bursts into life for about 5 second for no reason. Any thoughts?
cheers
Sounds perfectly normal, why would you not hear it? When it runs in the night the pressure in the system has dropped slightly eg water creeping back past the pump seals. I switch mine off at night for that reason.

Hi we bought a new Auto Trail V line last year, the Sureflo pump was fitted to the wall panelling and was a horrendous noise when running. The solution was to reduce the pressure slightly and to fit an accumulator on the output side of the pump, and refit the pump in the same place. Now you can hardly hear it run. Happy days :)(y):)
Thank you for the advic.

Sounds perfectly normal, why would you not hear it? When it runs in the night the pressure in the system has dropped slightly eg water creeping back past the pump seals. I switch mine off at night for that reason.
Thanks for your message. I’ll try it out next time we’re away. Certainly cheaper than buying things.

We had a Shurflo pump in our Swift that would akso run for a split second every now and then. I checked for leaks, none, checked it with water heater on and off, no difference, then stripped the pump down to check for any internal leaks, again, nothing wrong that I could see. Then, one day ( while watching the Tour de France) I went into the van to get something and noticed a burning smell. After a good look around, I found the water pump was red hot, so quickly disconnected the wiring to it.
A few days later, I fitted a new pump. No more pump chattering.
Thanks for your reply. You were lucky I’d have still been watching the Tour. 🤪

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back