Hand Held Vacuum Cleaner

GMJ

Hand Held Vacuum Cleaner

Our Black and Decker on in the MH is giving up the ghost slowly as its stopping holding a decent charge. Could I ask what you use?

We are after one that can be used when still plugged into the mains (so would need a long lead) as well as on battery.

NB: I know Dyson are the dogs conkers but I am not wanting to spend that much

ta

Graham
smile.gif

I got a 12v one like this at TK Maxx for a fiver, not really expecting it to be much good. I was really surprised that it actually works quite well.

image.jpeg

Dyson really are everything they're cracked up to be. I got mine when Tesco were still doing double-ups on their vouchers a couple of times a year... only had to put £20 towards it with the vouchers I'd saved! Mine's 6 years old now and still going strong. Back then, the Dyson handheld had more suction power than anything else around but I know others have come on in leaps and bounds since. Mind you, many of them don't quote the power of the motor in the specs, so it's harder to compare. Tesco have the Dyson V6 on sale at £120 at the moment with 100W max power and there's also some useful info here... https://www.smartvacuums.co.uk/best-handheld-vacuum/

I have a Beldray Quick Vac Lite (floor to ceiling cleaning) which I take in van, I use it daily for light work in the house, saves me getting the large vaccum out

It is cordless with a long lead if you need to keep it plugged in, it has lots of different tool, does require emptying a lot otherwise very please-able for the motorhome , very light as in the name

We got it out of catalog that came through the door, and Jeff,s mum had one and recommended it, it was Studio it was on offer so we didn't pay the usual price, I will ask Jeff if he can remember how much it was

If you want it just for the motorhome, it would be more than ideal, I used to have a Black & Decker and it hasn't a patch on this

Last edited:
Thanks

I looked it up on Amazon and it said it was not cordless?! Can you confirm as it sounds good and costs around 40 quid on Amazon.

ta

Graham
smile.gif

GMJ;n26193 said:
Thanks

I looked it up on Amazon and it said it was not cordless?! Can you confirm as it sounds good and costs around 40 quid on Amazon.

ta

Graham
smile.gif

You have to put in your search cordless at the end as they do a corded version too.

GMJ;n26193 said:
Thanks

ta

Graham
smile.gif

Yes it his cordless and that price sounds correct it started about £120 it has come down over the years, i have had mine about 2 years + (Its red and clear) with hand grip

There is one not cordless that came out at the same time, same supplier

Go Outdoors have the Dyson V6 car and boat version. They will price match any online store of the same model and give you an extra 10% off the matched price.

Found it on sale at Currys £159.97

With extra 10% off £143.98

I bought this from mr & Mrs Jeffmossys bring and buy table at the Anglesey meet £7 and it works a treat I cleaned all the carpets in the van so it’s back on charge.B2E021DD-F12A-4393-BE0A-DA06F8F3428D.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a Beldray Quick Vac Lite (floor to ceiling cleaning) which I take in van, I use it daily for light work in the house, says me getting the large vaccum out

It is cordless with a long lead if you need to keep it plugged in, it has lots of different tool, does require emptying a lot otherwise very please-able for the motorhome , very light as in the name

We got it out of catalog that came through the door, and Jeff,s mum had one and recommended it, it was Studio it was on offer so we didn't pay the usual price, I will ask Jeff if he can remember how much it was

If you want it just for the motorhome, it would be more than ideal, I used to have a Black & Decker and it hasn't a patch on this

Hi

I am just getting around to ordering a new handheld and will be going for the one you suggest providing the recharging lead is long enough.

Could you possibly let me know what length the lead is that came with yours?

Thanks

Graham
smile.gif

I bought a dyson OK for a couple of years now it turns off when on the boost setting

I bought a b&d 12v corded handheld from a charity shop for a fiver recently. It does the job quite well and as we have a 12v socket amidships, being corded is not a problem
K ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back