Hartel door window blind

Owlhouse

Advice please - anyone had any success re-stringing/changing a hartel door window blind? ( not the fly screen!)

A photo would be good. I have repaired a couple of rooflight louvred blinds that were strung. The cord usually comes adrift at its anchor point.

The string has snapped halfway down. I too have restrung plenty of blinds but the door window one doesn’t appear to be easy to get at. It will need a complete string change as it is nowhere near the mount.

9EFB9C76-AEE3-4D08-8BBF-B7CA09A50C26.jpeg3B5F6FC1-8E7C-4D38-B0C0-F9F9C6EDAC30.jpeg

Nothing is easy on motorhome doors. :(

I am just about to fit a new external door handle on mine.

Done it a couple of times, but didn't take photos! It's easy to detach the top of the strings, just slide the plastic bits towards the middle of the windows using a screwdriver or similar and they pop off. Getting them back on again is a different story! The end of the string is held by a screw.

What I can't remember is how the bottom cassette fixes. I seem to think it's held in place by sprung metal teeth, but although it was hard to get it out, it's essential to do so, because knotting the string won't work! It has to be replaced. It was also difficult to re-anchor it in the door :-(

The best stuff to use for replacement is in the photo (probably more expensive now!)

Best advice: don't attempt it on a sunny day, don't try to do it against a deadline, (like bedtime) and preferably not while you're sharing the van with your loved one. Language may be required.

And finally, don't make the strings too tight. They'll cut through the plastic at the bottom after a period of use.

CM210726-143229001.jpgIMG_20210726_143841552.jpg

More recollections: if you haven't already worked it out, the strings cross each other inside the top bar. Once you have the strings detached at the top, carefully angle the top bar out of the tracks and you can slide the blind out of the bar. Be very careful!

Still can't remember how to get the bottom bar out, sorry!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back