Has anyone crossed from Dover to Calais in the last month?

TJC

Need a bit of input from you brave souls who have made it across the Channel. Has anyone crossed from Dover to Calais in the last month? Just wondering what documents are now required for motorhomers, is a return ticket now required? + any covid obstacles? wife 2x jabs, me, no jab. Just longing to get away for a month after 2 years of isolation 😬

We had to show proof of Vaccination didn't apply to us but I believe last jab had to have been inside a time frame

Need a bit of input from you brave souls who have made it across the Channel. Has anyone crossed from Dover to Calais in the last month? Just wondering what documents are now required for motorhomers, is a return ticket now required? + any covid obstacles? wife 2x jabs, me, no jab. Just longing to get away for a month after 2 years of isolation 😬
The ferry journeys are very straightforward . Not having jabs wiIl certainly make it less so .
I never buy a return ticket .

We had to show proof of Vaccination didn't apply to us but I believe last jab had to have been inside a time frame
If your last jab (usually 2nd jab) was 270 days or longer, you need to provide evidence of a Booster Jab

Steve

The ferry journeys are very straightforward . Not having jabs wiIl certainly make it less so .
I never buy a return ticket .
Nobody asked us for proof of a return ticket, but the UK Gov Travel Page says that it could be requested. Who knows? Once the Jab process settles down, and when the Customs Clearance becomes quicker (DFDS were still unloading the cars on the incoming ferry when they started loading Containers/Trailers for the outgoing sailing, swerving the tractors around the back of the queue to disembark), they may tighten the procedure...

Steve

Got back last week, no problems but there it was slow getting back into the UK at the Calais checkpoint. A few people ahead of us had problems with their paperwork, non UK citizens I think, and it took ages to sort out so we were there for ages.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back