Has anyone stayed in Musselburgh recently?

V1nny

I have had a recommendation to visit a restaurant in Musselburgh next weekend, and looking at the POI's there are two locations on ************* which look suitable. Has anyone used these locations lately, and if I find I can't use them for any reason when we get there, can anyone recommend any other locations for a 8.2 metre motorhome, within walking distance of Musselburgh High Street?

Are you going to the Caprice Restaurant by any chance?
No. We are booked into an Argentinian place on the High Street called Buenos Aries.

Would you recommend Caprice as another place to try?

Can anyone tell me how to edit my original post to remove the street name? I didn’t realise that I had posted in a public area, until someone kindly messaged me to let me know.

I have had a recommendation to visit a restaurant in Musselburgh next weekend, and looking at the POI's there are two locations on ************* which look suitable. Has anyone used these locations lately, and if I find I can't use them for any reason when we get there, can anyone recommend any other locations for a 8.2 metre motorhome, within walking distance of Musselburgh High Street?
When we visited Edinburgh we used the Musselburgh park and ride car park and when we checked if we could stay in the car park overnight the council guy was miffed that we were even bothering to ask - nae bother pal, have a nice day !

Taj Mahal was a good Indian restaurant and Staggs bar (Volunteer arms) behind the Brunton Hall one of best ale bars in the lothians.

Taj Mahal was a good Indian restaurant and Staggs bar (Volunteer arms) behind the Brunton Hall one of best ale bars in the lothians.
If not the best . Well run , civilised place with friendly locals .
Not always the case in Musselburgh

If not the best . Well run , civilised place with friendly locals .
Not always the case in Musselburgh
Same as any town Radge, Nigel always ran a tight ship even when he was just the barman. I have never seen any fighting in that bar when I frequented it every Friday and Saturday in the 80s and 90s before moving down the borders. The beer festival on armistice Sunday is another great day.

Same as any town Radge, Nigel always ran a tight ship even when he was just the barman. I have never seen any fighting in that bar when I frequented it every Friday and Saturday in the 80s and 90s before moving down the borders. The beer festival on armistice Sunday is another great day.
Yes small Scottish [I assume British too] towns can be nightmares on a weekend night .
Obviously you know the pub well , couldn't imagine any bovver there . Great selection of beer , knowledgeable staff too

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back