Have you started draining down yet?

GMJ

Post as per the title really.

Is it getting cold enough for you yet, to drain down your boiler and/or your fresh water tank between trips?

Graham
smile.gif

Yes, did it yesterday. Not going out again for a few weeks and as it is not kept at home it is difficult to rush out at the last minute to rescue it.

We are away Friday for 5 nights. I haven't started draining down yet as we have not had any temperatures near 5 degrees yet. We have the MoHo on the drive so easy to nip out and do if it looks frosty.

Do you folks drain down the boiler and the fresh water tank? Or just the boiler?

Graham
smile.gif

We are away Friday for 5 nights. I haven't started draining down yet as we have not had any temperatures near 5 degrees yet. We have the MoHo on the drive so easy to nip out and do if it looks frosty.

Do you folks drain down the boiler and the fresh water tank? Or just the boiler?

Graham
smile.gif
I drain down everything and blow as much as I can out of the pipe runs as well.

Never drain down fully. Away almost all weekends over winter as still working but over Jan or Feb if it gets really cold midweek have a tubular greenhouse type heater on a thermostat I plug in just to be safe.

We had ur first frost in west Wales at the start of the week, so I drained down the boiler. I'll keep an eye on the weather and do the fresh water tank if we get any more cold before we go away next.

Graham
smile.gif

I empty the fresh water tank every time I park up in my garden and the waste water tank valve is always open, It is easy for me to refill the water tank before I leave home from the garden hose so no bother there, waste tank is lagged and all pipe work is internal one of the pluses of a continental van, I have an electric oil fired rad in the van winter time if home and leave that on all the time, if the temperature is going realy low I leave all the taps open too, I have a diesel water heater and no storage tank for hot water, it is an instant hot water system so nothing to freeze there so all quite straight forward really we never empty our van of canned foodstuff or dry stuff like biscuits etc as our van is used frequently. there is a small tank of water with anti freeze added under one of the seats , this water is pumped around the van when heating is on to operate the heat exchangers for hot water [domestic] and the blown air heating , the toilet flush water comes from the main water tank which is now empty.

And... the beauty of keeping it in the garage is we don't have to do that sort of thing. helps that we live down south where it usually does not get too cold

kyran

We live down sarf, but we had a heavy frost the other day, luckily I saw the weather forecast the day before and drained down the fresh tank, waste tank and boiler, imho better safe than sorry, we’re not away again until March

We live down sarf too, and finally drained down fresh and boiler. Winters coming.....😆

More importantly, I covered the Carpenteria Californica as it was only bought this Autumn. A friend has already asked for a cutting. 😲

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back