Help & advice

Bellaivy32

Hi, could someone help and advise please. I need the use of a nebuliser, on a daily basis, therefore, we need to buy a generator. Could anyone recommend a good reliable one, that would fit the bill?

Christine

Depends on power requirements. A quick look on Google suggests nebulisers take about 375w for 10-15 minutes at a time every few hours. Is that about right?

Hi, could someone help and advise please. I need the use of a nebuliser, on a daily basis, therefore, we need to buy a generator. Could anyone recommend a good reliable one, that would fit the bill?

Christine
Depends on what power you require as this will be on price and make, many say honda but after 2 which packed in i would now look to other makes, someone with a better use of makes will be along, meentime find out power you require, small units start around 600w output.

Depends on power requirements. A quick look on Google suggests nebulisers take about 375w for 10-15 minutes at a time every few hours. Is that about right?
Hi, yes that's right, so I need a generator to cope with this additional electric.
Thank you for your speedy response. Christine

Hi, yes that's right, so I need a generator to cope with this additional electric.
Thank you for your speedy response. Christine

In that case, unless there's another reason for a generator, if you have a decent set of batteries and solar panels I suspect an inverter would do the job, even of it means running the engine occasionally.

It's always worth investing in a "pure sine wave" version though - they're not massively more expensive, but much kinder to the devices plugged into them.

Please check nebuliser model some of them are 12 volt units that have 240v power supply and down rated to 12 volts so you might be able to run from a cigarette lighter socket with the correct adaptor

Please check nebuliser model some of them are 12 volt units that have 240v power supply and down rated to 12 volts so you might be able to run from a cigarette lighter socket with the correct adaptor

Possibly, although worth remembering that the nominal '12v' supply in vehicles can easily be over 14v at times.

Possibly, although worth remembering that the nominal '12v' supply in vehicles can easily be over 14v at times.
This is why I said with the correct adaptor,
And I would think the unit would cope with a slightly higher voltage , if in doubt ask the manufacturer

This is why I said with the correct adaptor,
And I would think the unit would cope with a slightly higher voltage , if in doubt ask the manufacturer

Fair enough, although to many, an adapter is a passive device that just changes connectors.

375w at 12v is around 32a, and a voltage stabiliser of that size won't be cheap.

And 14v is 16% higher than 12v, 14.4v is 20%, so not insignificant.

In that case, unless there's another reason for a generator, if you have a decent set of batteries and solar panels I suspect an inverter would do the job, even of it means running the engine occasionally.

It's always worth investing in a "pure sine wave" version though - they're not massively more expensive, but much kinder to the devices plugged into them.
Bad thing to do to an engine, they need to be under a big load.

Hi, could someone help and advise please. I need the use of a nebuliser, on a daily basis, therefore, we need to buy a generator. Could anyone recommend a good reliable one, that would fit
looks like @Bellaivy32 have lost interest would have been good to know what he had decided

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back