Help with Cadac please

• Thread starter Deleted member 5680
  • Start date

Deleted member 5680

Hi guys
I have purchased a cadac but it didn’t come with a regulator. I just wanted to check if the regulator I have fitted is ok before I use it .
I have attached a picture of the hose and regulator I want to use . It’s a camping gaz regulator for use with a small bottle I have .
Any help would be great . 7EE4ADEF-1256-4BB2-B6BE-5DEDB8288681.jpeg

All these three sizes of Cadac portable gas barbecue, the Safari Chef LP - diameter 28 cm, the Grillo Chef – diameter 37cm , and the Carri Chef 2/Braai – diameter 47 cm can be powered from a flexible range of different gas sources when the correct hose and regulator have been purchased to use in conjunction with them. XXXXXXXXXX I copied that from the Cadac Blurb, it seems that any gas can be used with the cadac using the correct regulator it seems you are going to use GAZ because that is a GAZ regulator fits the 907 bottle and others , Cadac is a low pressure cooker so GAZ is ok [ not the cheapest though } you have used HIGH PRESSURE gas hose in your picture which has a smaller diameter inner core , that is why you have not been able to get the other fitting right on to the hose, but that is OK as long as it is SECURE, you can put the end of the GAS HOSE in hot water to make it easier to fit to the bigger TAIL you show if you want to, when I had Cadacs [ got rid of mine because too much to clean } I used CALOR Propane 13 kg bottle , also ran mine from the van Barbi point , and that was Propane Calor then, This is my Favourite barbi ? grill so easy to use and only one cast Iron plate tro clean. Happy Cooking

Best Barbi.jpg

Thank you for the help . Off to get a exchange bottle tomorrow and will give it a go .
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Cleaning a bit fussy ! But we use ours a lot
We use a spray of water and washing up liqid and spray on asap after cooking done.
we tend too use the hot-plate only either side up as suits and usually grill suitable vegetables as well.
The lid is handy then.
Thin cuts of meat best and chipolata size sausauges..Have fun !

AS a matter of interest , how much does a refill of the 907 bottle cost now ? they were 14 Euros in Portugal this year, I get mine at car boots usually about £ 3- £ 5 with gas in them trouble is I have several empty bottles now too.

Trigger
As you pointed out these 907 refills are certainly not the cheapest option out there .
The cost was £32 for the refill but the advantage is these are easier to come across in Europe . I will see how long it lasts for and look at options for the next refill 👍🏻👍🏻

Trigger
As you pointed out these 907 refills are certainly not the cheapest option out there .
The cost was £32 for the refill but the advantage is these are easier to come across in Europe . I will see how long it lasts for and look at options for the next refill 👍🏻👍🏻
You can also pick up Calor bottles with gas in them at the boot sales when they restart , so you could use calor with your Cadac at home and change to GAZ when travelling, at least a 13 kg Calor would last ages compared to the GAZ and even at the cost of Calor it would be much cheaper option, or even better a refillable bottle?

AS a matter of interest , how much does a refill of the 907 bottle cost now ? they were 14 Euros in Portugal this year, I get mine at car boots usually about £ 3- £ 5 with gas in them trouble is I have several empty bottles now too.
take your empties to Portugal . we were getting 25 euros each for them

at the supermarket in Silves, also other shops , their system was to take the empty to the customer service counter , they refund the deposit, then you pay this inclusive for the full bottle at the checkout . as you can imagine ,we scoured the scrappys . may have stopped the system now but worth checking

at the supermarket in Silves, also other shops , their system was to take the empty to the customer service counter , they refund the deposit, then you pay this inclusive for the full bottle at the checkout . as you can imagine ,we scoured the scrappys . may have stopped the system now but worth checking
OK , I have done that when looking for exchange bottle, but I was given a voucher to give to the checkout person to prove that I had brought an empty back. Just an aside here, friends of ours who go to the Spanish Islands frequently renting apartments ,leave there beach stuff and other odds and sods in the Supermarket lockups, [When they fly home ] you know the ones where you leave your bags when shopping, putting a Euro in the door to get the key and getting the Euro back when you open the locker ,[ and retrieving their stuff when they return to the Island ] they have been doing it for ages now and never lost anything .Free storage ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back