Here is a question for you, location related.

Phil

Forum Admin
If you could just jump in your Motorhome right now and go anywhere for a few days where would you go?

I quite fancy going here right now:

1.jpg

The view was pretty good:

3.jpg

I can almost breathe in the fresh air.

Being able to live at a location like this for a day is what being a Motorhomer is for me.

2cv

I’m looking forward to staying in that location next time I’m up that way, looks perfect.

Similar location in the Winter
352AC330-3446-49B6-A0CA-1E22381E2DF7.jpeg

rugbyken

81EA41A4-E679-454D-A32C-F06B82B4F48E.jpeg

la isletta spain heaven

First chance I get ill be spending a night here.... Ce close on Saturday BUT sadly needed to be home after 2 weeks in Pembrokeshire.
IMG_20180720_184901.jpg

runnach

The Golden Sands of Morar, copious amounts of fresh sea air and, where the sunsets over the Small Isles are spectacular.

DSCF9154.JPG DSCF9180.JPG DSCF9170.JPG

Parked on the spanish waste ground beyond gib airfield ready to walk over. gib.png

If you could just jump in your Motorhome right now and go anywhere for a few days where would you go?

View attachment 41296

View attachment 41297

Being able to live at a location like this for a day is what being a Motorhomer is for me.
That was a fab night love that spot.

But for me it’s two contrasts
A97646FF-3017-4C03-B6F8-EE395BCE57E1.jpeg

The beautiful Outer Hebrides

Or the freezing Cairngorms 43A2D5FF-829A-4EA7-9690-9344FB0BD5EA.jpeg either will do.

Last edited:

Wully

Tighnabruaich view point looking over the kyles of Bute about an hours drive through stunning argyle 1E776044-9B21-4A2F-B454-A7C18AF3DCB8.jpeg

View attachment 41296

View attachment 41297

Where's that then?

Seeing all these great looking places above, many within a few hours drive and not been to any! Need to get that truck into gear and go!

Lee

This is the view we had for three days, not bad. image00000061.jpeg

Trotter

Re my, pre- retirement quote. With places like this to see in the uk, I may have to make it permanent
Yeah, like we don’t need the income. 😤 . Head over heart again.

Alf

View attachment 41296

View attachment 41297

View attachment 41296

View attachment 41297

Phil is that half way up Ratagen overlooking Loch Duich and the Five Sisters, a favorite place of ours

Alf

Phil is that half way up Ratagen overlooking Loch Duich and the Five Sisters, a favorite place of ours

Alf
Thanks Alf.

I thought we'd been there a while back and sure enough found the photo below (2015 as it turns out) but it was taken without geotagging or notes so for the life of me I couldn't remember where it was.

DSC00504.jpg

Phill

debs

The Golden Sands of Morar, copious amounts of fresh sea air and, where the sunsets over the Small Isles are spectacular.

View attachment 41306 View attachment 41307 View attachment 41308
Ere Runny, I thought it was the White Sands of Morar. Last time I was there, was when I was a Yoof on a Yoof hostel holiday done by the school. I can remember being amazed by the stunning beauty of the place, and the excitement of scrambling off the rocks onto a fishing boat to be ferried to the Kyle of Lochalsh.......ahh memories, thank you.:)

GeoffL

While most seem to look out, I'd look up. I know a wild camping spot smack in the middle of a dark sky landscape and only half an hour from where we store the van.

Unfortunately, I've got something else on tonight and the rest of the week is too cloudy for stargazing :(

dont want much....just somewhere nice and warm.......with something going on.....not keen on isolated places......unless just passing thru...........there is only just so long i can sit there and admire the view..before wanting to move on.........like to be among folk and things to do..............especiallyt if its WARM AND SUNNY..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:238)

Nosmo king, Wully, Martingrant, UFO, Minisorella, tonybvi, mark61, 2cv, 47643, HurricaneSmith, timatabsa, rugbyken, LANDS43, Topmast, TeamRienza, rab126, Linda, Reiverlad, Rockburner, JohnnyGM7LSI, runnach, mistericeman, Ardachaidh, jeffmossy, Mick Jordan, 5andy, helmit, cronkle, Exwindsurfer, wildebus, Annabella, mendit, Lemonfancy, Edina, Bigusdickus, Okta, yorkslass, Allen, Val54, Livotlout, Trek, SimonM, kevlakes, Full Member, Bri, oppy, Julesanian, Phase3begins, TJBi, Ric Tic, alwaysared, Silver sprinter, Porkie Yorkies, Molly 3, 1977paul, eurajohn, Pawneepilot, trevskoda, GreggBear, Campervanannie, Lee, Telstar, saxonborg, St3v3, jagmanx, Clunegapyears, moonshadow, andromeda, Steveandjulie, witzend, Bigshug, Undertaker, paulhelenwilko, Jeanette, ian and cath, trixie88, linkshouse, bobuk, AdriaTwin, Tweedy, gerrevelyn, Haaamster, Wooie1958, Silver Camper, Chip, wanderlust, Mobilvetta, Trundlebus, Trotter, Alf, 4Corners, GeoffL, mossypossy, tapfitter, The laird, The milkman, Ian1950, EJB, bwalkey, andyjanet, Jenrai, pagey, time4t, Yorkscol, Old Man Down, HappytoHelp2018, guerdeval, Dor, Biggarmac, oldish hippy, snapster, debs, Piere, CardMaker, Beemer, Tezza33, mr brown, saxonrosie, Iandsm, Caz, hotrats, barryd, CavityandLacey, Glass man, clarkpeacock, Chrisb1701, Tribute11, Steven, Mac6904, Robmac, Geraldine, nabsim, 4x4man, Chris Evans001, Bobtaylor, Mark, lifeafloat, nodrog, Carrerasax, Penny13, mariesnowgoose, RoaminRog, Izwozral, Lefty, Marzar, Mikael63, rustydog, Joy zigzag, Cocky, Lefty107, Roger Hurcombe, Barnacle, Pem, Squeegee, mur, neildenise, blosax, Mon, harrytherid, maja07, neckender, campingfun, Paulmold, BRS, Tallyman, Kontiki659, Kito, cornish hymer, Mischief2, jpdfisher, Bogtrotters, Musto, Big H, IanT, geordy paul, ian reed, EnaC, Liberty hall, boater, Keithhep, Jays, pedro, Oldbulldog, Bikesurf, MarkJ, Edward B, Smeemix, Forest1, Grasshopper, keith777, Homenaway, toystory, Haydn, hotcrossman, loulou, ronharper333@gmail.com, Chipvan, cliveandann, Rapido9, Fiona68, DUNVeganduo, Grouchy, traceybull41, yorkieowl, jiwawa, Mikel, hmssnake, Hurstie, Ellendale, Hiiany, Ken Parsons, paulsbiz, Samsda, BertietheBus, quilkin, joncaton, rogerha, David26, PinkFlowerPetal, SueP, Thehawk, old cronies, YOLO BUS, pete53, Markd, WitchyOne, Cheyenne, Nesting Zombie, Maggyj, Andyshep, coxieboy, Avonsmith, Aunty P, Wimbrill, sheppy21a, talbotti, scoobydog, roadroamer,