Hi, Anyone of you motorhome campers away in France yet? Now getting serious withdrawl symptoms. We would by now have clockedabout a month traipsing ar

Just leave the meat and dairy at home. I believe there are one or two shops in France where you can replenish your meat and dairy stocks once here. 😉
Once in a French Supermarket I go weak at the knees with the aromatic smells and availability of choice.

Just reading your post has brought it all flooding back. o_O Sob.

Thanks both

It'll start to build up a picture if we get more responses
thumb_up.gif
I’ve been across 3 times in the last month with the required pre and post travel testing. At customs each time, the interest was around Covid, symptoms, vaccinations and testing, the declaration of symptoms form and destination/purpose of visit. One each occasion the reception was better in France than it was returning to UK. Testing in France now costs €49 to return but it is far more efficient than UK and half the price. I’ve been using Boots with test to release each time, so £85 per test and 4 tests per journey required. I’ve been moving all our stuff down in a removal van and we leave in the Motorhome for good next week. I haven’t been bothered by any enquiry about foodstuff or sandwiches etc, but they do ask about gas bottles. I’ve used the tunnel each time. The additional admin for Covid is a pain but is reasonable, the additional admin for Brexit is far worse coming into UK than going to France. But it is all still worth it when you get there. Others may have had different experiences, these are mine based on having driven to the Languedoc three times in the last 6 weeks!

We normally go every Autumn,didn't go last year, won't go this year, Hopefully next year. We have been to Scotland, will go again in autumn if everything is OK.
We don't like the idea of the rules changing all the time. At least in the UK it is easier to get home if necessary

We are due to go last week in August. Also missing the adventures but keep changing our mind as to whether to go or not especially as the situation with France keeps changing. What to do? 😟
Hi, Yes, they're playing games now, to create that uncertainty. Changing the rules without any notice, very distressing. Tourism in France not going to benefit very much this year from UK Tourers. France receives a lot of revenue from the UK tourers, Motorhomes, Caravans & Statics. I don't know what the %'s are, but based on visual over the last several years, could well form as high as 50% in some regions of France alone.

I don’t know the most recent tourist figures, but the French are being encouraged to holiday in France this year, which probably will make up for the shortfall in visitors and revenue, much like the U.K. tourist industry is expecting, with a huge increase in people holidaying closer to home there.
Hopefully, by next summer, things will be getting back to normal and we can all go to our favourite places again.

Reactions: TJC

I don’t know the most recent tourist figures, but the French are being encouraged to holiday in France this year, which probably will make up for the shortfall in visitors and revenue, much like the U.K. tourist industry is expecting, with a huge increase in people holidaying closer to home there.
Hopefully, by next summer, things will be getting back to normal and we can all go to our favourite places again.
I thought most of them did anyway. When my wife did package hols., the only time we seen French tourists, was when coach loads turned up at our hotels in Spain or Portugal. Never in Greece.

Thanks for the heads up, but it does'nt look like it's going affect us this year

Once in a French Supermarket I go weak at the knees with the aromatic smells and availability of choice.

Just reading your post has brought it all flooding back. o_O Sob.
:) I know, I just start dribbling at the thought of it. The wine isles and the choices, the pattesseries,, the cheese, even though we do great cheese in England

Have been out here since 10 June. No problems; but have yet to run into any other UK vans.
Hope that by time I have to return, the hurdles to get back into England will have been vastly reduced. 🤞
OK, Excellent, What is it like booking into the Camp Sites, are there any issues with booking in? and are you using ACSI Sites?

Hi Scotty,
Are you still booked for the 1st august. I am hoping to go on the 17th august. Meant to be Newcastle to Ijmuiden but if I cant go to Holland I will change my plans to France or Spain. Can you let me know how you get on and where you crossed . Anyone else going over please come on and let us know how you get on in the next couple of weeks.
Many Thanks
Derek

In Tours on the Loire at the moment and have been in France for a month 2 to go , loving it and the aires and campsites are very quiet … perfect 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back