Hi, Anyone of you motorhome campers away in France yet? Now getting serious withdrawl symptoms. We would by now have clockedabout a month traipsing ar

Let us all know how you get on :unsure:
Have been in France for 3 days now, sat in a Aire in Conty, just south of Amiens. Everything going great. Weather a bit hit and miss, today was rain, sun, rain, sun etc, nice evening sat outside with a glass of pastis. Absolutely no bother at customs both ends. Looking forward to rest of trip and hopefully a bit more sun.

With the change in France to Amber plus, IMO both governments are having "toys out the pram" times.
We have a relative who works in a campsite in Southern France, she was telling us the campsite is struggling as not enough visitors coming, including the brits. 🤔
Those that do come seem to not understand the requirement for the honour letter,🤷🏻‍♂️ she actually told a Dutch family to stop arguing with her and "go away", it was the French Government who set the rules and the local police who regularly visit to check the clients have the correct paperwork 🤠
I'm still 🤞 we can get across in September for a 90day jolly...🚐🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♀️🦮
BTW the quotes for travel insurance are through the roof, added with the dogs health certificate its nearly £1000 just to get over there 😤😤😤

Wonder if one of these would give enough advance warning they say 360°
got one somewhere

They are illegal in most countries including France, (even if, for £11, they work! ) If you are caught with one, fines are heavy and could include confiscation of your vehicle, though I doubt in most circumstances anyone would search your vehicle for one.
Best to just stick to the speed limits!

Decided on a short trip out for a week or so to check the country out before you lot come over…. Just pulled into this free aire between Caen and Avranches. Individual hedge ( and flower) lined pitches with a bbq and vine covered seating area next to us.
Did I mention it was free?……
Sky was a bit grey but it’s sunny now.
CAF1F373-3013-4855-BE10-F25B082F5A3C.jpeg74C0AC17-50FF-49F9-A4C5-408CA033BDFF.jpeg

With the change in France to Amber plus, IMO both governments are having "toys out the pram" times.
We have a relative who works in a campsite in Southern France, she was telling us the campsite is struggling as not enough visitors coming, including the brits. 🤔
Those that do come seem to not understand the requirement for the honour letter,🤷🏻‍♂️ she actually told a Dutch family to stop arguing with her and "go away", it was the French Government who set the rules and the local police who regularly visit to check the clients have the correct paperwork 🤠
I'm still 🤞 we can get across in September for a 90day jolly...🚐🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♀️🦮
BTW the quotes for travel insurance are through the roof, added with the dogs health certificate its nearly £1000 just to get over there 😤😤😤
We are waiting for the all clear to go and visit our daughter in Cambridge. Just read the latest on France still being on the amber plus list for U.K. nationals living in France because of the high Beta variant figures in France’s overseas territory, Reunion, located off the east coast of Madagascar…...

Thanks for posting your visit to the memorial, and I will visit when I feel it safe to do so.

I know that memorial relates to WW2, but not long ago I worked out that during WW1, three of my ancestors fought in Europe. Two of them died, and the third, my grandfather, returned home via a hospital.

My ancestors were not an affluent family, but simple agricultural labourers, and to the best of my knowledge, none of us have ever paid our respects. I intend to correct that omission too.

If you ( or anyone else gets to ) go, there are designated motor homes parking bays, cost is €3 a day, payable using Paybyphone ( downloadable on android and iOS)
It’s very impresssive, just remember to ensure you don’t get any grit in your eyes as you’re reading the inscriptions….🥲

Ireland’s more or less fully open too if you have your vaccination docs. Planning on going over myself late autumn for a month. France and Switzerland are very good to visit at the moment, not too busy.

Hi,
Hoping to go to Germany via the Netherlands in 2 weeks time. Just been looking the internet up, according to what I have read you can transit through the Netherlands if you are going to be less than 12 hrs which we will be and you don't need any tests but you have to fill a declaration form to carry with you as long as you have been double vaccinated.
On entering Germany it says if you have been double vaccinated you need only to fill in a declaration form online.
Has anybody crossed into Germany in the last couple of weeks or does anybody have any other information about travelling through these 2 countries? Hopefully I have read it right.......
Thanks
Derek

We have been in France since mid July and loving it as usual. We are down in the Dordogne region now heading South to Uzes . From my perspective it’s quieter than usual , it’s high season , and no issues getting into Aires or sites . If your worried about coming over due covid don’t be .

Hey Derek,I’m on the move,feel free to drop
Me a text or WhatsApp to “0040733623732” and I’ll be happy to give any advise. France is OK but certain restrictions.

Germany was problematic for a friend.

Hi
We have been in France since mid July and loving it as usual. We are down in the Dordogne region now heading South to Uzes . From my perspective it’s quieter than usual , it’s high season , and no issues getting into Aires or sites . If your worried about coming over due covid don’t be .
Hi Wynpar, Glad to hear you are having a great time with no problems in getting into aires. We are hoping to go to Germany but wondering if anything is changed and is there checks on the borders . We were over last year 3 times and there was never anyone checking any where.

Hi

Hi Wynpar, Glad to hear you are having a great time with no problems in getting into aires. We are hoping to go to Germany but wondering if anything is changed and is there checks on the borders . We were over last year 3 times and there was never anyone checking any where.
Hi we were thinking of heading to the either the Mosel or further south and do the Romantic road and part of the Alpenstrasse and usually transit through Belgium and stay for a week or so in the Ardennes region before entering Germany .
Currently Belgium is of limits to UK nationals unless that has changed

Hi

We we crossed on the tunnel there were checks on Covid certification and PCR test result but that’s it . No fridge checks etc .

We crossed using the tunnel on 22 July In the car rather than the van for complicated reasons. The requirement to test before going to France had been dropped for double vaccinated travellers. We had to upload the declaration sur l'honneur before boarding. There was a one hour wait to get get through uk gates for no obvious reason other than only two being open - the official said it had been up to four hours the day before! Customs swabbed the steering wheel and inspected under the car with mirrors - they were doing all vehicles. The French border official (in uk) stamped our passports with the date, asked if we had been double vaccinated and waved us through. No-one inspected our vaccination docs or looked for food. They did not even ask about food even though we had a travel fridge in the boot.

We have had no issues since being here, just a sympathetic welcome from friends and neighbours.

Hi we were thinking of heading to the either the Mosel or further south and do the Romantic road and part of the Alpenstrasse and usually transit through Belgium and stay for a week or so in the Ardennes region before entering Germany .
Currently Belgium is of limits to UK nationals unless that has changed
We did the Romantic Road a couple of years ago. Loads of lovely places to visit. If you use maps.me, pm me your email address if you like and I can send the route I plotted, including Stellplatz locations.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back