Hill climbing anyone?

Pudsey Bear

I was impressed by the stripped out Reliant??

The old cars seemed to do well and some enthusiastic bouncing in the yellow MGB roadster.

Dunno what it is @7:00 but it goes well, more enthusiastic bouncing, but looked to have a very narrow track.

The old red Ford Pop popping wheelies, impressive.

And an old Ford Anglia estate going for it.

I used to compete in all three MCC Trials from 1989 to 1996. A tardy reply but it was so long ago I had to dig out my finisher's certificates! Mostly competed on various bikes but did one season of trials in a Marlin, then back to bikes.
I got drawn into organisation and then told I could not do both and finally gave up MCC in 2000 or so.

The MCC, Motor Cycling Club 1901, is the oldest motor cycling club in UK, their first reliability trial being a run from central London to Edinburgh and back.

I am sure you know that these are still long trials seeking to continue in the spirit of the early reliability trials. When I was involved they started Friday evening included night sections and finished Saturday. The Lands End and Exeter went to the west country as close to the original finishing point as possible taking into account accomodating over 200 vehicles with their crews and also supporters. The Edinburgh, due to difficulties in using the original route etc became a shorter trial starting in the South Midlands and finishing at a suitable venue in Derbyshire.

I was impressed by the stripped out Reliant??

The old cars seemed to do well and some enthusiastic bouncing in the yellow MGB roadster.

Dunno what it is @7:00 but it goes well, more enthusiastic bouncing, but looked to have a very narrow track.

The old red Ford Pop popping wheelies, impressive.

And an old Ford Anglia estate going for it.

Seem to remember hillclimbing thing was featured on Grandstand in the 60s ?
Great commentator

Seem to remember hillclimbing thing was featured on Grandstand in the 60s ?
Great commentator
Yes, but wasn't it trials cars though? and do you remember the army v the public 4x4 programs, and proper scrambling?

Here its called mudpluggers, they held a trial with old austin sevens etc on Carnmoney hill beside Boyds old quarry, i went for years until some houses were built in the next field and some frogs and buttery flys complained. 😂

The yellow MG impressively bounced would be Winston Teague and his son Patrick. Both regularly trial vintage Austin 7s. After them @7.00 is Duncan Pittaway in 1921/28 GN special. Again regularly trialed. Great fun!

Hi, thanks for that, and welcome to the forum.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back