Hmmmmmmmmmm.........Fish and Chips

Wooie1958

The only one on there that i can comment on is number 8 on the list, The Real Food Cafe at Tyndrum :unsure:

They had to be the worst fish & chips we`ve ever had o_O we took them back and was given a full refund.

The other motorhome ( completely unrelated ) that was also staying there took theirs back as well.

Disappointed to see that our favourite isn`t on the list

The Trawler in Golspie

2cv

My favourite fish and chips anywhere are at number 7 on the list, not to be missed if anywhere near Oban.

Trotter

I’ve been so disappointed so many times with Fish and chips. Even made a diversion to Amble on my way to Green Frog, to visit the Harbour chippy, on a recommendation.
For a consistent quality, we now buy Young’s cod fillets in breadcrumbs, and eat at home.
Although the one’s at Wellington weren’t bad.

Carrerasax

I’ve been so disappointed so many times with Fish and chips. Even made a diversion to Amble on my way to Green Frog, to visit the Harbour chippy, on a recommendation.
For a consistent quality, we now buy Young’s cod fillets in breadcrumbs, and eat at home.
Although the one’s at Wellington weren’t bad.
They were very good at Wellington I agree,

If you’re ever at Padstow rick steins are a must have!!!!

wildebus

runnach

I bet you are a salt 'n' sauce man?
Staunch S&S, anything else is criminal. We also carry our own in MH, as finding brown sauce anywhere west is like looking for hens teeth!!

BTW, loved the clip, the North Berwick Fry does a mean Fish supper.............................I wonder what to have for tea tonight??

runnach

The old Seaman's Mission, Lochinver, now renamed the Bunkhouse, F&C's (sitting in) was memorable, a whale size Cod, we were burst after clearing our plates 🤗

wildebus

Red plus mayo
Red (aka Ketchup) for sure
Mayo? you a blooming Dutchman??

Staunch S&S, anything else is criminal. We also carry our own in MH, as finding brown sauce anywhere west is like looking for hens teeth!!

BTW, loved the clip, the North Berwick Fry does a mean Fish supper.............................I wonder what to have for tea tonight??
There was a fish & chip recommended to me in Ayr Town. don't know the name but it is on a corner at a roundabout with around 5 or so roads (hopefully some can ID from that?). I was staying in a carpark overnight (doing some van electrics) and it was indeed very good as promised.

Gold Star Chip Shop Onions (the brand from that Glaswegian company) are sold in B&M Bargains in big bulk jars (not big enough though ... it ran out :( ) and I saw the Gold Star Brown Sauce in LIDL in Kelso (not seen it anywhere else).

nabsim

Glencoe Gathering fish and chips were excellent although a little pricey. There is a place in Balloch as well that is excellent (sit in) but can’t recall the name.

I have always had great food at the Real food spot in Tyndrum but not had fish and chips there.

runnach

My favourite fish and chips anywhere are at number 7 on the list, not to be missed if anywhere near Oban.
Bill, No 7 was our last port of call after a days diving and before heading doon the road hame. Order, then to North Pier to stuff oor hungry faces.

On a good weekend trip, I would be sharing another dive buds car, which allowed me a wee kip to sleep off Oban F&C's delights.................they were happy days!!

Reactions: 2cv