Holland with dogs

CavityandLacey

We are currently looking at options for a trip in May this year and fancy Holland. I have noticed that there seems to be restrictions on the beaches in May about walking dogs but can’t seem to work out if there are dog areas where you can walk your dogs off lead. Does anyone know of beaches where the rules are relaxed? And also any other forest or good dog off lead walking areas in the country. Thank you in advance.

don’t know about dog beaches but the vet check was really expensive average in france €25 in holland cost me €64

I lived in wassenaar for a while in Holland,whilst I can’t comment on beaches the Dutch are certainly hot where you can and can’t exercise dogs and seem keen leashes are used.

Re vets being a touch more expensive than France , they are but to offset normally speak excellent English and are careful with the paperwork trail.

One thing I did notice coming home is rather than the majority of french vets happy to take money to give a worming tablet and a stamp in the passport. The Dutch vets do spend more time assessing the animal is fit to travel . Perhaps partly the North Sea crossings rather than the short hop Dover to Calais dependant upon the disposition of your dog the ferry crossing and time it takes is worthy of consideration in itself

I lived in wassenaar for a while in Holland,whilst I can’t comment on beaches the Dutch are certainly hot where you can and can’t exercise dogs and seem keen leashes are used.

Re vets being a touch more expensive than France , they are but to offset normally speak excellent English and are careful with the paperwork trail.

One thing I did notice coming home is rather than the majority of french vets happy to take money to give a worming tablet and a stamp in the passport. The Dutch vets do spend more time assessing the animal is fit to travel . Perhaps partly the North Sea crossings rather than the short hop Dover to Calais dependant upon the disposition of your dog the ferry crossing and time it takes is worthy of consideration in itself
Thank you Channa

We were in Holland for about five weeks last spring. We have two dogs. We struggle to find camping sites that would accept dogs, some accepted one dog but few accepted two dogs.

Dogs life for the dogs.
They nearly always had to be on the lead. You would think that with all the waterways that would be lots of off lead walking. But no. The bicycle takes priority and the dogs have to be on leads. Long bungee leads are no good. You can’t retract the dog fast enough for the fast bikes. But out of season we found a few beaches pre-May, that we could walk the dogs. Would not head back there in a hurry with dogs.

Hi. My friend says some beaches do, some don't. In the link, under losloopgebeiden under the sub heading Strand (beach) there is,apparently a list, and what the restrictions are.

Not dogs but bicycles

Take care when driving at most junctions, as in effect there is a marked but not obvious BICYCLE crossing.
Bicycles have priority..Not a great problem just be aware !

Beware ticks, there are a lot in Holland! Specially wooded areas.

Vets, go to Razijn Garden Centre chain in The Netherlands, they have vets. We have had it free with our own tablets. ( You can buy them off the shelf at the vetanary counter. ) The most we have been charged by them is €10 plus tablets.

You can stay at many, most? Marinas with a camping car. Also look for Mini Camping, often small farms, nice places to stay.

Is it Holland where you can get fined if your not carrying doggy bags saw several with them attached to their collar one owner said it was the law sure he said no if's or but's no bag carried €50

Is it Holland where you can get fined if your not carrying doggy bags saw several with them attached to their collar one owner said it was the law sure he said no if's or but's no bag carried €50
If it is law, they’re not being used! Came across a surprising number of pavement dumps. 💩

No idea what happened there the above act allowed dog control. Orders, the have since been replaced by pspo orders but aren’t terribly well publicised

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back