** UPDATED ** Hollingworth Lake Country Park , Littleborough , Lancashire . August 13th - 17th 2020

** UPDATED ** Hollingworth Lake Country Park , Littleborough , Lancashire . August 13th - 17th 2020
Posted by jeffmossy
Littleborough Rugby Club , Rakewood road Littleborough
Thursday, August 13, 2020 - 10:00 AM
Until: Monday, August 17, 2020 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Rakewood Rd
Littleborough OL15 0AP
53.624386, -2.08535

Ok, you have asked for it and here it is. Littleborough Rugby Club, Hollingworth Lake, Littleborough starting Thursday 13th August until Monday 17th August 2020. Only 10 min off junction 21 M62, on the border with Lancashire and West Yorkshire, Stunning location in the very heart of the Pennines.

Please note this is not the campsite on Rakewood road , drive past the campsite and it is next right after you drive past the old stone derelict mill , it is shown as Littleborough sports club on google maps

Due to Government restrictions and insurance demands, this will be a camp completely different than we have had before, but I am aware we have all had cabin fever and you want to get out in your van

When you arrive you will have your grass pitch marked out and this will be your area for the duration of the camp please see this thread https://motorhomer.com/threads/campsite-covid-safety-rules.42399/

you will be able to go for walks around the area and lake where you will find cafes and bars open but remember social distancing rules, also the club's toilets and showers will be closed for our own safety so you will need to be completely self-contained

We will have fresh water available. waste water and Elsan emptying points also rubbish disposal, when using any of these services we recommend you wash your hands immediately.

The cost is £10.00 per unit per night, the slight increase is because our insurance has rocketed due to the current situation, but I still think we have got good value for the time of the year

I know there will be rules and restrictions and I am sure you are aware of the current situation but we are such a fantastic bunch and we will have a great time and just be thankful to get out and about again

Just to finish off, things are changing all the time and Phil ( ADMIN ) may add comments to this post at any time so please keep up to date with this thread,

any questions please ask

How To Book

Please reply to this thread stating:
  1. How many nights you would like to attend (£10 per vehicle per night)
  2. What day you will be arriving on

How To Pay

Please put the exact payment in a sealed envelope then write your username, vehicle registration number and the payment amount on the envelope. This will be collected on arrival so please have it ready.

IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND PLEASE LET ME KNOW ON THIS THREAD ONLY

I have been speaking to the club and if anyone wants to stay on Monday evening and leave Tuesday then that is fine
Sorry Jeff should have said 4 nights.
Cheers nimmo777

Jeff can I lower the tone of the gaff? Thursday arrival leave on tues morning ....remember a caravan ,,,read a few tea leaves and palms....if it is a problem please let me know and I will make enquiries next door cheers

Channa

Unfortunately we will not be able to make this meet so sorry Jeff, we were really looking forward to seeing our friends and a few we haven't met before but we hope everyone has a great time :(
Sorry to hear that you can't make it Terry. Hope to see you both soon. Take care

Unfortunately we will not be able to make this meet so sorry Jeff, we were really looking forward to seeing our friends and a few we haven't met before but we hope everyone has a great time :(
We were looking forward to seeing you both.......thats if we make it :giggle:

Hi Jeff and Lorraine
We'd love to come. 2 adults, 2 guinea pigs, van has all facilities. Will try the awning for the first time! Please can we have a quiet outside pitch away from anyone with a dog, if there's a choice? We love dogs, but dogs love guinea pigs, and gp's are very scared of dogs; although they'll be in a cage in the van when we're not there, we will want to sit out with them.
Saturday 5pmish to Monday 11amish, 2 nights please.
Cheers, Annabel

Hi Jeff and Lorraine
We'd love to come. 2 adults, 2 guinea pigs, van has all facilities. Will try the awning for the first time! Please can we have a quiet outside pitch away from anyone with a dog, if there's a choice? We love dogs, but dogs love guinea pigs, and gp's are very scared of dogs; although they'll be in a cage in the van when we're not there, we will want to sit out with them.
Saturday 5pmish to Monday 11amish, 2 nights please.
Cheers, Annabel
Hello Annabel

I have put you on the list and we will try our best to put you somewhere nice and quiet . Looking forward to meeting you . Jeff & Lorraine

Hi Jeff please remove us from the list as we will not be able to join you after all. We no longer have the Motorhome and I don’t fancy getting a tent out ( I know I’m picky nowadays). Finally said goodbye to Della yesterday. Chris was struggling with Motorhome so we have decided to quit while we can. Have loved being out with you all. You really are a fantastic bunch and I am quite sad but know this is right for me and Chris at this time. Take care and I do hope to see you again at some time. Jill

Hi Jeff please remove us from the list as we will not be able to join you after all. We no longer have the Motorhome and I don’t fancy getting a tent out ( I know I’m picky nowadays). Finally said goodbye to Della yesterday. Chris was struggling with Motorhome so we have decided to quit while we can. Have loved being out with you all. You really are a fantastic bunch and I am quite sad but know this is right for me and Chris at this time. Take care and I do hope to see you again at some time. Jill
Hello Jill
What a shock , but as you say it is time to do what is best , we will miss you both , you was part of our family and we loved your company . hope we do meet again and wishing you all the very best and stay safe both of you . x

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back