HOME MADE FRIDGE VENT COVERS

The laird

Rally Organiser

THIS A START TO FINISH JOB IN 15 MINUTES TOTAL COST £3*00
Pic 1 full board
Pics 2cut board
Pic3 cut board fitted to fridge grille duck taped into position
Pic4 grille refitted job do e

please note the black cable tie on the grilles ! I fit these to remind me the blankets are fitted we orten put tartan ribbon on also as a reminder
Board is around 7mm thick from hobby craft (courtesy of my wife’s craft room)?

Attachments

• 904C13E0-EF25-4A88-9A50-F350FD6E65D3.jpeg
    904C13E0-EF25-4A88-9A50-F350FD6E65D3.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 15DA453D-9E22-4A79-90BC-BC8F5FA9C8A4.jpeg
    15DA453D-9E22-4A79-90BC-BC8F5FA9C8A4.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 4A1B3296-1BA9-4807-8083-FAFE93B33C31.jpeg
    4A1B3296-1BA9-4807-8083-FAFE93B33C31.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 8F69A87A-4DAF-42EC-9C38-555742070594.jpeg
    8F69A87A-4DAF-42EC-9C38-555742070594.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 157
Very impressive, Rae's going to be jealous.
I await your next money saving invention.

Does look a bit of a bodge though mate; I’d rather buy one to be honest

Everyone knows I’m thick as a brick, just ask Nabsim. But that’s not what’s going to stop me asking the question many people are afraid to ask.
Why? What for???

Why? What for what? Clue?
Come on Gorden, you posted the thread, you must have some idea why you posted it.
I’ll be more precise. Why have you made these covers? Why do you think you need to fit them? Isn’t the clue in the word “vent” to eh, vent?
I know I’ve missed something, otherwise there would be hundreds of posts on here saying, if you cover your vents, you’re going to die.
Only curious!

They make the fridges run more efficiently in cold weather .... I think?:unsure:

I have never used vent covers so I cannot say if they work more efficiently or not but if I was given proof that they worked and decided to try them I will remember this post and make my own, I have always thought they were too expensive for what they are so this is a good idea and nobody can steal them either

I fit them to stop draughts in winter and because my manual sez so .oh and should be fitted when washing the van .and people say look at that posh git with his fridge vents on.

Come on Gorden, you posted the thread, you must have some idea why you posted it.
I’ll be more precise. Why have you made these covers? Why do you think you need to fit them? Isn’t the clue in the word “vent” to eh, vent?
I know I’ve missed something, otherwise there would be hundreds of posts on here saying, if you cover your vents, you’re going to die.
Only curious!
Firstly I made then cause they’re too dear for what they are
Secondly,they stop droughts coming into that area
Thirdly ,we seldom fire up the fridge in the winter ,to keep milk cold ,sit the bottle on the cycle rack ,never had I nicked ,I use my box on the cycle carrier (fianma make) as a larder ,years ago my gran always had a larder with manyvents in the wall to chill things so hence my reason for this.
Fourthly,there’s only the boss and me now all the kids are adult so we buy fresh mostly when away .when the grandkids are with they have what we have so no bother ,cold beer or wine place in a plastic box under van and plenty cold.
I have done this procedure for years with no trouble ,I MUST REITERATE THAT I PUT A CABLE TIE OR TARTAN RIBBON ON THE VENTS SO I REMEMBER THE BLANKS ARE INSTALLED ,YOU MAY THINK A BIT HEATH ROBINSON YOU ARE ENTITLED TO IF YOU SO WISH BUT MINES ARE COVERED AND GOT £40 in the pocket to get away in the van .no brainier imho
Should add there’s still an air gap on both VENTS top and bottom ,it may be hard to see in pic 3

Last edited:
Gordon, I wasn’t having a pop at you. I’m sorry you took my query the wrong way. I’m new at this motor home lark, still in my first year. I’ve got a lot to learn. A lot of this stuff isn’t in books. A load of, sometimes dodgy, stuff on YouTube . If it’s posted on a forum, and I don’t understand, I’ll ask why? Simples ?.
Again, sorry if I caused any upset.

Gordon, I wasn’t having a pop at you. I’m sorry you took my query the wrong way. I’m new at this motor home lark, still in my first year. I’ve got a lot to learn. A lot of this stuff isn’t in books. A load of, sometimes dodgy, stuff on YouTube . If it’s posted on a forum, and I don’t understand, I’ll ask why? Simples ?.
Again, sorry if I caused any upset.
Hey I’m not taking it the wrong way at all ,when you meet up you will find I love a bit banter and joke ,no hard feelings at all me olde matey

I met you at Druridge. I was in Terry and Maggie’s van, getting a teach in, when you were on sausage delivery duties.
I’ve got the right bloke haven’t I. The one not impressed with his Transit Custom.

I met you at Druridge. I was in Terry and Maggie’s van, getting a teach in, when you were on sausage delivery duties.
I’ve got the right bloke haven’t I. The one not impressed with his Transit Custom.
Got you now yeah I was dropping el tel some stornowat black pudding ,yup I was in that bucket of major problems and second engine job,now leaking oil ,and has lost its mojo as well

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back