honey

rugbyken

i love honey ! ! on porridge in sauces on pancakes etc while at the eco park aire at sao bras de alportel reception had various flavours of honey depending where the hives are placed several different flavours such as thyme rosemary and even strawberry from the arbutus bush i plumped for the orange flavour the hives are placed in orange groves and although i was skeptical the flavour truly is amazing will have to go back that way and get a larger jar lol

i love honey ! ! on porridge in sauces on pancakes etc while at the eco park aire at sao bras de alportel reception had various flavours of honey depending where the hives are placed several different flavours such as thyme rosemary and even strawberry from the arbutus bush i plumped for the orange flavour the hives are placed in orange groves and although i was skeptical the flavour truly is amazing will have to go back that way and get a larger jar lol
Mercadona own brand Miel de Naranjo is rather good, Ken, and less than €5 for a 500g squeezy bottle that can be used to drizzle [well squirt at high pressure] into a pot of Mercadona Greek Yoghurt, and stirred vigorously. Pure dead scrummy, but not good for the arteries ... (y) (n)

Steve

Yes dear...........sorry, I couldn't resist :whistle:

We buy some from bee keeper who is a near neighbour and keeps hives behind our house. The honey is ok, and not as tasty as the orange flavour sounds. Waste from extracting honey was turned into small bars of Bee's wax, which I used on my diving drysuit zip, ideal for lubricating and keeping zip watertight.

Yes dear...........sorry, I couldn't resist :whistle:

We buy some from bee keeper who is a near neighbour and keeps hives behind our house. The honey is ok, and not as tasty as the orange flavour sounds. Waste from extracting honey was turned into small bars of Bee's wax, which I used on my diving drysuit zip, ideal for lubricating and keeping zip watertight.
Ken Bruce Radio 2 joke about the English, Irish and Scots couples on honeymoon at the same hotel. The Englishman says at breakfast to his wife, 'Will you pass the sugar, Sugar?'; the Irishman says to his wife, 'Will you pass the honey, Honey?'; and the Scotsman says to his wife, 'Gonnae pass the bacon yer pig?' ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Is this something else you'll offer for sale at meets? 🤔

We love honey too 😏

i might have to divert & pick some more up steve but more essential supplies will be overloading the van on the return trip

Here in Thailand both good honey and porridge available.
Often 4x a week. Mangoes as well or banana or homemade pineapple jam

Many years ago I kept bees and realy enjoyed it as a hobby then oilseed grape came along and as far as I was concerned it killed the job, the honey smelt of oilseed and the taste to me was vile plus if you left it too long in the containers it set rock solid, I always liked the spring blossom honey but as oilseed flowers at very much the time it was always a mixture.
I had a system that what the bees gathered in spring was for me 👍👍 everything they gathered from then on was for the bees to live on until next spring and always remembered to say "THANK You"
If you have the time bee keeping is a most fascinating and rewarding hobby, but you need the time

Mercadona own brand Miel de Naranjo is rather good, Ken, and less than €5 for a 500g squeezy bottle that can be used to drizzle [well squirt at high pressure] into a pot of Mercadona Greek Yoghurt, and stirred vigorously. Pure dead scrummy, but not good for the arteries ... (y) (n)

Steve
Even better with a heap of crushed walnuts added:)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back