Hot Water From Shower But Not Tap

• Thread starter Deleted member 7876
  • Start date

Deleted member 7876

Firstly, thanks to all for your help and advice with the radiator fan problem.

Next up (more water problems)
Our Moho has a Carver Cascade water heater, it IS filling and the water is getting HOT.
Strangely though, the hot water supply to the kitchen sink mixer tap is just a trickle when opened, the pump is running and water comes out, but a not a lot.
The cold on the kitchen sink mixer tap works as it should.
The feed to the shower tap in the toilet is working as normal , hot and cold both under pressure.

What could the problem be.? There's no damage to the pipe that I can see and there's no leakage either.

If there is no squashed pipe, no leak, and the other taps/shower are fine, then I would suspect the cartridge inside the tap.

You may like to read this current thread "Leaking Tap - how do I access the innards or remove it?"

Its possible you have some kind of blockage in the HW pipe or cartridge so it could be worth opening the tap (elec power off) and blowing down it to see if its possible to move it... like when you drain the system for winter layup.
Give it a try. Costs nowt and you never know, you might be lucky.
K ;)

If there is no squashed pipe, no leak, and the other taps/shower are fine, then I would suspect the cartridge inside the tap.

You may like to read this current thread "Leaking Tap - how do I access the innards or remove it?"
Would it likely be the case that if in a hard water area, the cartridge - especially on the hot side - could get clogged and furred up with limescale, in a similar way to a kettle element and around a tap outlet? I am in a very soft water area so I don't get that problem at all, but where I have lived before, a kettle could only last a year or so.

I'm sorry, but I honestly don't know how badly cartridges might be affected by limescale, although your idea sounds possible to me.

Would it likely be the case that if in a hard water area, the cartridge - especially on the hot side - could get clogged and furred up with limescale, in a similar way to a kettle element and around a tap outlet? I am in a very soft water area so I don't get that problem at all, but where I have lived before, a kettle could only last a year or so.
Yes, we're in a very hard ,chalky water area, so definitely could be limescale.
Going to use the kettle for washing up, the shower is working fine so it'll most likely be when we get back from holiday that I'll have a look at the tap itself.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back