Hot water tank leak

Mazanddave

Hi everyone I’m new to you all so hello I have a elddis 105 majestic when I put on the hot water it drips I had it checked under warranty and marquis tell me they replaced the seal on the top it still drips when hot and they now tell me it drips like a air con unit has anyone else got a elddis and do yours drip ? Is this normal ? Thanks Dave

I don't know where you live, but we live in East Sussex and would not use that company based on friends experience.

A dripping aircon is normal, but dripping hot water is not normal.

Some manufacturers use a cheap red connecting hose for hot water, and they can leak or completely collapse. I suggest in the immediate short term you check and mark the red pipe connection with a ball point pen to see if it is flexing.

Be absolutely clear which problem you have, and then take it back with clear evidence.

Hi I have checked all the pipes the tank is under the floor it looks like it is coming from the join in the top Marquis Tewkesbury supplied the Motorhome from new it is four years old now and Has been checked 3 times they are saying the same thing it’s supposed to drip while getting hot but mine seams to drip all the time it’s on it’s not a problem it all works fine but i find it hard to believe it should drip like this it feels like they are fobbing me off I’m going to anther dealer for a second opinion thanks

Hi, when you say it drips, does the water exit motorhome via some kind of tube, thus preventing internal water ingress?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back