How old is your starter battery

Nearly 3 years old and will probably be changed within the next 12 months, having had an ECU failure after changing the battery in November 2021 [to avoid an ECU failure ... Unfortunately, the new Bosch battery was duff, so 6 days later ...]

Timing Belt will also be changed, and quite possibly the Winter Tyres too; it looks like an expensive year on the maintenance budget, but hoping that prevention rather than cure will give more peace of mind

Steve

Nearly 3 years old and will probably be changed within the next 12 months, having had an ECU failure after changing the battery in November 2021 [to avoid an ECU failure ... Unfortunately, the new Bosch battery was duff, so 6 days later ...]

Timing Belt will also be changed, and quite possibly the Winter Tyres too; it looks like an expensive year on the maintenance budget, but hoping that prevention rather than cure will give more peace of mind

Steve
Paranoia is an expensive past time :(

I'm not sure how old my starter battery is. Will have had the motorhome 4 years in 2 weeks time and not replaced it during that time. Could be 17 years old but I doubt it.

I replaced the Starter Battery in the car earlier this year at around 7 years old. Was getting a bit slow to turn over the engine over winter so thought may as well. A new battery is pretty cheap and if you know it is on a downwards slope, replacement is a wise precuation to avoid being stuck if it decides to just conk out.

Last edited:
Mine lasted near on three years.

I took one off one of my sprinters in 2007 to replace it with a larger battery, I then put that battery on my 1959 tractor, it still starts it without any problems, and as the tractor is 65 years old it doesn’t have any electronics running in the back ground, so I can leave it standing for 12 months or more and it will still start it.
The only thing is because it has an old dynamo if I use it when replacing fencing around the field I will start and stop it a lot of times, but the dynamo cannot put enough charge back into the battery, so occasionally I have to charge the battery up.

My car from new 2019 still going well even though. it gets used very little. Just up to 7 k total miles now

Steve
Is this the 1st Timing Belt change on your Van Steve ? This Burstner Harmony 690g we have is 5yrs old & done 11500 mls & was wondering when the Belt would need changing, have heard it's yrs & well as milage that require it to be changed, thanks Chris.

Back