How to remove ashtray and cigar lighter: 2001 Ducato

GeoffL

Hi All. I want to replace the current cigar lighter socket and ashtray on my moho (2001 Ducato base) with a quick-charge USB socket and a couple of 12v power sockets. Unfortunately, I don't know how to remove the existing items. I suspect I might need to remove the entire lower dash (and possibly more). Before I start using intuition, can anyone tell me how to remove the cigar lighter socket and ashtray assembly the easiest way? All help gratefully received. Geoff

I've only got a piccy of the sort of dash, which I've attached here. This isn't my van, but it has the same dash. Unfortunately, the van is over half an hour away in storage, so I can't nip out and take more!
DucatoDash.jpg

Pull ashtray out there is a spring clip at the top to remove completly,
Then you will find screws under the lip below the gear lever, and where the ash tray fits, it seems to me that the screws that are difficult to put back in have been left out that’s why there is a big gap under neath the heater controls, the radio will have to come out as there is a screw above that you get at thru the radio hole,
Our 2006 bessaCarr was fitted with torques screws so you might need to get a set of those,

Thanks. As I wrote, that photo isn't actually my van -- the van's in storage and too far away to nip out and take some. The photo is of another Ducato-based moho of the same vintage that I found on a dealer's website. That said, you've saved me a large headache as I'd probably have ripped out the whole lower dash (the bit under glovebox that contains the central storage bin) for nothing. Knowing where Fiat hid the attachment screws is most of the battle -- and you've given me that info; so again thanks.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back