Hydrogen truck

I think initially yes as the fuel cell is understood, but I'm sure that the combustion engine will eventually be developed to produce the same sort of torque as a diesel engine, there are more people who understand combustion engines than there are for fuel cells.

Keep up at the back. JCB have been working on hydrogen engines for a couple of years. They have a production version for excavators etc.
I'm quite well caught up thanks :D :D I was the first to post the first video from Harrys farm on here and Facts ages ago and the second recently as I follow his channels.

I think this type of set up along with hydrogen internal combustion engines simailar to the ones being developed by JCB are the way to go.
Yes that is the way to go, I watched the fellow from Harrys Garage on you tube, on his two visits to JCB,JCB called him back for the second one as a lot of progress had been made.

Yes that is the way to go, I watched the fellow from Harrys Garage on you tube, on his two visits to JCB,JCB called him back for the second one as a lot of progress had been made.
I fully expect them to licence the tech to the likes of Scania etc.

You can inject hyd into a diesel engine intake and back of on the noisy pedal slightly, giving a cleaner burn and more distance on the derv, of course you make up for this with buying hyd, but again a cleaner burn.

One of the Leeds Couriers had LPG on his diesel VW LT35 it was fitted at the factory/dealers a right pile of poo, nowt but trouble, they had it in the garage most of the time, it was great when it did work but that wasn't often, I lost touch so don't know how he got on.

One of the Leeds Couriers had LPG on his diesel VW LT35 it was fitted at the factory/dealers a right pile of poo, nowt but trouble, they had it in the garage most of the time, it was great when it did work but that wasn't often, I lost touch so don't know how he got on.
Like most after thoughts, things as a rull only work with lots of factory testing by the makers, and yet they get it wrong some times.

Like most afterthoughts, things as a rule only work with lots of factory testing by the makers, and yet they get it wrong sometimes.
One would assume they did before offering it, I had a Vauxhall Combo dual fuel for a while and when working was the dogs on running cost but it seemed to only last a month or so before it needed work, and then I had to borrow a van as running on petrol wasn't feasible.

Yes I worked on fiesta gas vans back in early eighties sent to us by learfan Newtownabbey, they were a factory fit kit and worked well, but some taxi cabs who had a co in belfast fit up were total junk.

I have wondered if it might be possible eventually to have vehicles which have enough power to generate their own Hydrogen.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back