Hymer chrome drawer/locker handles blistering

tonybvi

Some of the drawer and overhead locker handles on our 2018 Hymer have surface blistering on the chrome. Apparently this is a common problem and we have had several replaced under warranty. However even these replacement handles had also started blistering so I decided to look for alternatives. After a bit of Googling, including “rival” motorhome forums, I found Membury Bow Handles which are a direct replacement - 256mm for the wider handles and 155mm for the narrower. I got mine from Screwfix but other suppliers are available.
I think these replacement handles actually look significantly nicer than the rather “flashy” Hymer originals and they have received approval from my wife as well.
Orginal and replacements are shown below. As this blistering appears to be commonplace and the handles are widely used across a lot of Hymer models I recommend theses replacements if you have a similar problem. Having changed my complete set of handles I have several of the 256mm orginals which are unblemished. If anybody wants them at postage costs only please pm me.
BEFORE:
853EFE52-171C-4BE0-94BD-D81DBEC510C3.jpeg

AFTER:

277C9D4B-AF68-4389-A802-6D5080CB6933.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back