Hymer wiring

David Tester

I have a 1997 Hymer 544 with the Elektroblok 104-3 control unit, the "Kreis 1" (circuit 1) 10A fuse blows when the habitation supply is switched on, can anyone tell me what appliances this fuse protects. I have traced the cable from this fuse to the back of the van, when this wire is disconnected the fuse does nt blow but the cable is connected to a terminal and from here a cable continues on through a conduit to the nearside of the van and it is impossible to trace, all the electrical equipment on this side seems to be working OK. A habitation circuit diagram would be very useful if anyone has one.

I have a 1997 Hymer 544 with the Elektroblok 104-3 control unit, the "Kreis 1" (circuit 1) 10A fuse blows when the habitation supply is switched on, can anyone tell me what appliances this fuse protects. I have traced the cable from this fuse to the back of the van, when this wire is disconnected the fuse does nt blow but the cable is connected to a terminal and from here a cable continues on through a conduit to the nearside of the van and it is impossible to trace, all the electrical equipment on this side seems to be working OK. A habitation circuit diagram would be very useful if anyone has one.
It's a lighting circuit, one of two normally. On mine, it is fed from a connection block under the wardrobe, behind the Truma.
Be aware that the international standard for DC wiring is blue for the grounded side, brown for a positive live or white for a negative live.
Hymer use brown and blue the other way round. Someone may have not realised this and grounded a blue wire!

I wish you luck with your search for a wiring diagram,I have a 1994 Hymer and have had a couple of wiring problems which I seem unable to find the cause of its almost impossible to trace wires and as much as I like the van it seems Hymer wiring is a bit of a nightmare.

On mine, every single wire is printed with the model number and what the wire is for.

A member on here told me about a guy at hymer workshops in Germany the member may come on when he reads this

I have a circuit diagram for my Shaudt unit, and they're available for other models. Useful though it is, it doesn't show details of how the van is wired. It just shows the output connection for Kreis 1 and leaves it to you to trace where that wire actually goes.

It's a lighting circuit, one of two normally. On mine, it is fed from a connection block under the wardrobe, behind the Truma.
Be aware that the international standard for DC wiring is blue for the grounded side, brown for a positive live or white for a negative live.
Hymer use brown and blue the other way round. Someone may have not realised this and grounded a blue wire!
Thanks for the reply, I will check the lighting circuits, although one side of the habitation lights don`t work, I have disconnected the supply to these but the fuse still blows, if there is a short it must be in the wiring and not in the fittings, will keep searching, thanks again.

Yes, on mine Kreis 1 is one side of the van's lights, Kreis 2 is the other side's.
The connector block behind the Truma is just a load of spade connectors on a terminal block. Both the positive side and the negative side.
There is nothing to stop something dropping onto the connectors or one slipping off and shorting to the other side. Though it has never happened on mine - yet.
I have not yet found the connector block for the other circuit. I do hope to do so one day!

Yes, on mine Kreis 1 is one side of the van's lights, Kreis 2 is the other side's.
The connector block behind the Truma is just a load of spade connectors on a terminal block. Both the positive side and the negative side.
There is nothing to stop something dropping onto the connectors or one slipping off and shorting to the other side. Though it has never happened on mine - yet.
I have not yet found the connector block for the other circuit. I do hope to do so one day!
Thanks for your post. I have found the wire that is causing the fuse to blow, when this wire is disconnected from the spade terminal the fuse stays intact, these spade terminals are behind the cutlery draw above the oven at the rear of the van, the wire causing the problem is connected to other wires on the spade terminal block, one of these wires is obviously the culprit so its now a question of tracing which appliances each one supplies, not so easy when they disappear through conduit and behind the vans panelling, may take some time but will get there in the end no doubt, ive got a good Fluke multimeter which makes life easier. Thanks for the help.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back