I’m so happy

Campervanannie

For a couple of years now I have driven round in my MH never actually knowing what it weighed carrying my big heavy mobility trike was always a dilemma but I figured if I was overweight and they pulled me over I’d just pay the fine unload what I had to to get the weight down ting Bill and he would come and get it an inconvenience at the worst. But now I am going across to EU I thought mmm this needs looking into so after a few sleepless nights worrying about which mobility scooter to take with me I have 3 of different weights
Big trike inc ramp 150kg range 28/30 miles on a single charge
Small mob scooter 80kg range 10/12 miles on a single charge
Peddle assist trike 35kg range until my knees hurt and battery dies.

So this morning I bit the bullet and took it to a weigh bridge
half a tank of diesel
Half a tank of fresh water
Empty grey and black waste
Fully loaded for hold except for my mobility scooter
My van is plated at
6491BD09-9BCD-48C8-AE94-A57B21024CAB.jpeg
And it weighed in at
592681DF-1C00-45C6-8EEE-92F7F85C985F.jpeg

So the big trike it is then and it still leaves room for liquid refreshments ??

Did you get them to weigh the front and back axles separately?
Yes that’s the potential killer on rear axle loading although Annie and Sue are shorter overhangs than mine I think but it will all still be past rear axle

They cannot do separate axle weights at the weigh bridge near me.
I think they lied to you. You just pull the front axle on the bridge and they weigh it, then the whole van and finally the back axle. The bridge can do it, I should think you just got a jobsworth operator.

If you are pulled for weight then they will weigh your axles. Your van can be under its total weight and still overweight on your back axle. If you check your vehicle weight plate it will give you the maximum weight for each axle.

I think they lied to you. You just pull the front axle on the bridge and they weigh it, then the whole van and finally the back axle. The bridge can do it, I should think you just got a jobsworth operator.

If you are pulled for weight then they will weigh your axles. Your van can be under its total weight and still overweight on your back axle. If you check your vehicle weight plate it will give you the maximum weight for each axle.
It states on their website they cannot do individual axles only the whole van so I am back to square one big trike small trike or none aaargghhh

It states on their website they cannot do individual axles only the whole van so I am back to square one big trike small trike or none aaargghhh
Put the big trike in the garage and go to a different public weighbridge. Just check that they will do three weights first.

So if I have an empty garage and the rear axle is still over do I have to start ripping off solar panels and dragging out leisure batteries will I have to move the fridge to the passenger seat. I was so happy a couple of hours ago.

Put the big trike in the garage and go to a different public weighbridge. Just check that they will do three weights first.
There isn’t another weigh bridge near me but I will look.

Quarries , scrap yards usually have bridges , if you are paying cash and just want a weight , no weigh cert , they will oblige :) you just need separate axles as gvw will be sum of the two . If you put big trike in you can work backwards to be safe .

I just use my local coal merchant, is there any near you ? Last time when I needed coal I just took my pvc instead of the car and asked if they could wiegh it. Yes was the answer and they did front & back axles and the total weight.

I've never bothered doing it myself as well under GVW, but it is just as Phil says above on just about any weighbridge - position vehicle accordingly and then do some maths.

Oh and by the way Mr Admin I have an extra little bit of weight, ? your lamp that I forgot to return hope it’s ok for me to make use of it on my trip ?

Personally, I would fill the MH with everything, fuel, water, food, family, clothing et al. Then get it weighed for an exact front/rear tally.

I don’t agree with the current view from manufacturers to declare a weight based on almost no water onboard, I want to travel fully loaded and not have to go looking when I get near somewhere.

Btw this isn’t how I knew I had a weight problem in an earlier thread as I was over without everything in ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back