I phone 7 battery & software update issues

Carrerasax

My phone seems to lose charge even when not used!!!!
It needs a software update but I can’t get this to action.
Originally it said needed more memory so I cleared out a load of photos but still won’t update.
When I try and open message showing for this it just freezes and won’t open.
Also apps freeze even when using WiFi.
Opening web pages very slow.
New batteries on internet for £12-£20

E6DAC329-1AD1-4EAD-9B8E-5BA41807225E.png
but my battery condition info shows battery 92% efficiency!!
Any ideas

phone usually has to be over 50% charged and may need to be plugged in

My I phone 7 did the same. Think these phones have a 3 year life after that they start to self implode. This message will self destruct in 5 mins.

After deleting photos did you delete the photos in the deleted photo album? If you don’t do this you will not free up any space. Best to do a reset after deleting the photos too, this might stop it freezing up too.
92% battery is pretty good, so I doubt a new battery would help.
Lots of reasons why your battery discharges quickly, Close all open apps regularly, reduce the screen brightness, change your email to fetch instead of push. Look at the Battery in Settings and scroll down, you will see the Battery usage by App. At least there you will get an idea which app is using the most power.
There are a few videos on Youtube giving you tips on battery saving.
I don’t know how quick your battery discharges but my iPhone 7 with 80% battery lasts till mid afternoon with nominal usage. (Internet ( google, Amazon,) some music, a few texts, a phone call, and a couple of YouTube video) I have a new battery for it and will change it soon.

Not sure which software version you are using but this article might help ........

My I phone 7 did the same. Think these phones have a 3 year life after that they start to self implode. This message will self destruct in 5 mins.
You rough beggar Wully, got mine when 7 plus first came out and think it’s 4 in a few months, Caz got her iPhone 6 Plus a year before that so it’s coming up to 5.
Hope I haven’t jinxed them now lol

The phone I’m using now is the first new phone I’ve had in about 20 years. One of my girls always got the new one from my contract and I got there old one but now we are all on sim only deals they have to buy there own phones it’s the best way stay a year behind and save a fortune.

Not sure which software version you are using but this article might help ........
Mine’s only on 13.4.1 as I couldn’t update due to lack of memory , now sorted but still seizing like crazy, so what now!!!

I beta test usually and have had no problems. Just checked and my 7plus is on 13.6. Yes I do have to remove stuff to get enough free space to install at times but it’s easy enough to get it back afterwards.
Got IOS 14 on iPad but not decided if i will bother on phone yet as my watch is too old for watchOS 7

After deleting photos did you delete the photos in the deleted photo album? If you don’t do this you will not free up any space. Best to do a reset after deleting the photos too, this might stop it freezing up too.
92% battery is pretty good, so I doubt a new battery would help.
Lots of reasons why your battery discharges quickly, Close all open apps regularly, reduce the screen brightness, change your email to fetch instead of push. Look at the Battery in Settings and scroll down, you will see the Battery usage by App. At least there you will get an idea which app is using the most power.
There are a few videos on Youtube giving you tips on battery saving.
I don’t know how quick your battery discharges but my iPhone 7 with 80% battery lasts till mid afternoon with nominal usage. (Internet ( google, Amazon,) some music, a few texts, a phone call, and a couple of YouTube video) I have a new battery for it and will change it soon.
Thanks for this I’ve just saved loads of space on my iPhone it appears I was doing it wrong 😂

phil cleaned up jan’s i phone at the scout center & all of a sudden her battery life doubled lol, she’s just bought a i phone 11 £ i’ve inherited her 6+

What if I don’t have a backup taken on 12?
Then you take a backup now, restore the iPhone then either set up again using that latest backup or set it up as a new iPhone,it will install the latest iOS available if you do that. If you set it up as a new iPhone, you will then have to install all your current apps and data. This sounds like a pain, but you could restore it first as a new iPhone to see if your freezing goes away, then if it does, restore it again with your previous backup.
If it freezes then, you know either one of your apps or something in your data is causing the problem.

But it is now on 13.4.1 which the guidance says u can not restore on 12!!!😩

Now even worse!!!!.
Following lack of memory warnings and i have deleted all pics etc
It is now locked on the apple turn on screen but won't do anything!!!!!!!
Help, what can it do?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back