Il de Rei France

Deleted member 144

On our recent Jolly to France we spent time on the Il de Rei, it is a destination we have wanted to do for some time, the bridge across cost us 8 Euros was expecting to have to pay again when we left but did not have to pay so that was cheap enough, we paid for the aires on the island but that was expected, we loved the island cycled a lot very good for that , we did see vans wilding and we also found a free aire close to a beach so that was good all in all we loved our stay on the Island.

SDC10147.JPGSDC10148.JPGSDC10157.JPGSDC10152.JPGSDC10181.JPGSDC10158.JPG

You must have been on the island before the high season, when the bridge toll doubles. We were there in June when it was really hot in France. One of our favourite places, having been many times. Oddly enough I have just put on a Re17 shirt for the first time, having bought it in St. Martin. We stayed at the ACSI site just as you come off the bridge from where you can bike the island or into La Rochelle.

I had the best ever large plate of Moules and Frites at the restaurant, pic one. (y)
Thinking on heading that way next year terry did you enjoy the area ,been to sub Base at st,nazairre but never went further than La Rochelle cause I didn’t fancy Rochelle years ago

We liked Isle d' Re and camped at the Saint Martin municipal site adjacent the Vauban walls. If there's space, there's an Aire about 100 yards to the east. The yacht harbour is a bit posh.

If you are interested, Papillon sailed to his fate on Devil's Island from the tiny Port de la Citadelle adjacent Vauban's prison.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back