IMPORTANT new rally rule for members.

Admin

Administator

Hi,

We don't like taking deposits or charging members upfront for rallies, but unfortunately, some members abuse this. Some members book rallies and then don't turn up without even having the courtesy of letting us know that they are not attending. This is a minority of members, but it can be frustrating for our rally organisers. We understand that you cannot predict the future when you book a rally, but you do need to let us know as soon as possible if you will not attend. The reasons are that you may be taking a place the reserve could have, and Stewards could be standing around in the freezing cold waiting for members who do not turn up.

To resolve this issue, from today on, if you do not attend a rally you booked without informing us before the rally and without a good reason, you will not be able to book a rally without first paying for the camping. If you do not attend a rally, you have prepaid without informing us before the rally, and without a good reason, the money will either go to the venue or be donated to the defib fund.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Phil

Hi,

We don't like taking deposits or charging members upfront for rallies, but unfortunately, some members abuse this. Some members book rallies and then don't turn up without even having the courtesy of letting us know that they are not attending. This is a minority of members, but it can be frustrating for our rally organisers. We understand that you cannot predict the future when you book a rally, but you do need to let us know as soon as possible if you will not attend. The reasons are that you may be taking a place the reserve could have, and Stewards could be standing around in the freezing cold waiting for members who do not turn up.

To resolve this issue, from today on, if you do not attend a rally you booked without informing us before the rally and without a good reason, you will not be able to book a rally without first paying for the camping. If you do not attend a rally, you have prepaid without informing us before the rally, and without a good reason, the money will either go to the venue or be donated to the defib fund.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Phil
Another good reason would surely be ..... it's just good manners!

As a person who has been unable to attend many meets for very good reasons I think this is more than fair. (although I do inform of difficulties)
Our meets are not expensive by any standard and the volunteers put a lot of work into us having a good time. I for one would have no problem in paying a non refundable deposit as is the norm with many things these days.

I would be quite happy to pay a non refundable deposit when booking. When we had the guesthouse we would not confirm a booking until the deposit had been received as we had been let down so many times.
If I remember right we used to pay when we booked the rally.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back