Independent solar panel installer - South East

fatwelshbuddha

Independent solar panel installer - South East

having shopped around various dealers for prices on fitting a solar panel onto our new motorhome, I'm amazed at the price differences being quoted for the same product. can anyone recommend a solar panel installer in Sussex/Kent that does a good job with decent products?? I know this is perhaps a job I could do myself but frankly I'd rather contract it out to ensure I don't make a balls of it!!

+ one.

Colin ???

bump! now people are back from Xmas hols - any ideas out there??

What about Johns Cross Motorhomes Ltd. They have a very good reputation.

What about Johns Cross Motorhomes Ltd. They have a very good reputation.

most expensive of those I spoke to - and by some margin! that's why I'm looking for a non-motorhome dealer and someone who can just fit solar

fatwelshbuddha;n15351 said:
having shopped around various dealers for prices on fitting a solar panel onto our new motorhome, I'm amazed at the price differences being quoted for the same product. can anyone recommend a solar panel installer in Sussex/Kent that does a good job with decent products?? I know this is perhaps a job I could do myself but frankly I'd rather contract it out to ensure I don't make a balls of it!!

Theres one based in Cambridge I have used to buy online stuff. Called Midsummer Energy. don't have a link but their phone is 01223 858414. They have a website.

Theres one based in Cambridge I have used to buy online stuff. Called Midsummer Energy. don't have a link but their phone is 01223 858414. They have a website.

thanks for the info. I had a look at their website but they don't seem to offer an installation service and Cambridge is a bit far away if they do. I've found these guys near Worthing - Sunstore (www.sunstore.co.uk) - and they look a good possibility.

A company called Rhino Installs did my gas installation - they do solar too. I seem to remember the company's based in Preston and I live in Sussex but they came to the house and did the work on the driveway. Really nice chap and a job well done. Mind you, this was well over 5 years ago, so things might have changed.

By the way, my solar system was installed in Poole, Dorset, again over 5 years ago. Bit of a trek but they let you stay overnight with hook-up in their yard. I'm pretty sure it was Solar Solutions... they do a mobile service too now.

Last edited:
You need to find a local Motorhome Mr Fixit Fats. The guy I use up here fitted mine. I got all the bits (Mppt controller.100w panel. mounts and proper solar cables) and he fitted it all. I understand the eletrickery bit and all that as Im not bad with stuff like that but being a complete spaz I cannot get up on the roof or use a drill and stuff like that. I think the whole lot including his time came in at well under three hundred quid. There must be someone similar in your area. I think he only charges about £25 an hour. Are there any local facebook motorhomer groups to you or something like that if the forums dont turf anything up?

hi Baz - yet to find a local Mr Fixit for things like this. I'm happy getting on the roof and drilling away - I replaced 2 rooflights last year - but I'd rather someone do the internal wiring and routing and make a proper job of it.

I got one fitted by Mercury RV in Conyer about three years ago,they were very reasonable and did a good job,the owner seems very knowledgeable.

http://www.mercuryarv.co.uk

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back